Little Bro

School was led out and Jasmine was about to catch the bus but Dillion caught up to her. "Jasmine, wait up" she stopped and turned around to face him. "What's up?" Dillion couldn't help but to notice how beautiful she looks. She was wearing her hair down. Light make up. His favorite lipstick. He was trying his hardest not to fall in love but it was truly hard. "Dillion?" She interrupted his thoughts making him clear his throat. "I was wondering would you like to walk home with me instead of catching the bus?" She raised an eyebrow "Crenshaw? Do you realize how dangerous that would be" she tried not to laugh but failed "I'm just joking, of course I'll walk with you" a smile formed on his face. "Cool, let's go" he said. They started to walk off, side by side. "So are you excited for college?" He looked over at her who shrugged "a little. College can be a little scary. New beginnings. Pretty much on your own. I'm gonna miss dad as crazy as it sounds" she giggles. "I know the feeling. Leaving mom behind, but I know I'll make her proud" he said. "Sure will, also me" they grinned at each other. "You know.." he looked down placing his hands in his pockets before he continued "..they'll be a lot of guys trying to hit on you" she shrugged "let them. I won't be interested" she told him. "What makes you think that?" D'Angelo's theory about his daughter and step son was right, Jasmine and Dillion both like each other. They've been liking each other since the day they met. "Because I already like somebody" she told him. "Oh...." is all that he said. He didn't want to ask. He felt a little jealous to know she has feelings for someone but little did he know, it was him who she was talking about.

Olivia was frustrated to find out once again, she wasn't pregnant. She was starting to lose hope. To not being able to conceive was making her depressed. She tried her hardest to keep it together. To pretend like everything was fine but it wasn't. Of course Spencer wanted her to get pregnant but he knew how difficult it has been for her to conceive which makes him bring up the possibility of adoption. "I think it would be nice. To be able to give a child a home, I'd love that Liv" she gave him a small grin before nodding. "I agree" she said. She didn't disagree on adopting a child but she also wanted to be able to have one of her own. Dillion and Jasmine walked in the house. "Hey you two" Dillion didn't expect his brother and girlfriend to be there. "What you guys doing here?" Olivia looked at Spencer before looking at Dillion "Well hello to you too" she said sarcastically. "Sorry, I didn't expect you to be here" he said. "Was waiting on moms but congrats on your last day little bro" Spencer said to Dillion. "Please don't call me that and less affection" Liv's eyebrows narrowed. She noticed Dillion being a little different than normal. "Okay dawg" Spencer told him a little confused. "Uh, Jasmine would you like to go get some ice cream? I am dying to get some"Olivia said to her. "Shouldn't you get ice cream with Spencer?" Olivia looked at Dillion "I get ice cream with him all the time, I want to get some with Jasmine" Olivia said. "Um okay.." Jasmine trailed off. "How do you know I didn't want to go?" Olivia looked at Spencer giving him a look "We can get some on a different day baby" he looked at her confused. He wasn't getting the memo. "Just we'll be back" Olivia kissed Spencer. "As long as you come back soon" she giggled at Spencer "don't rush me baby" she walked up to Jasmine. "Bye.. I guess" she said with Dillion mumbling it back. She sighed before turning around, walking out with Olivia."Why do you have to be here. And the fact that you wanna give me affection like bro.. are you for real right now" Dillion had an attitude towards his older brother. Spencer didn't get it. He was highly confused. "I didn't know it was a crime to show my little brother love" he said. "That right there, stop calling me your little brother like that" Spencer was even more confused "like what?" Dillion tried to mock him "my little brother. Don't do that shit when Jasmine is around" Dillion took his frustration out on Spencer. "Aight" Dillion glared at him "what? I said aight? What else do you want me to say?"

After grabbing ice cream they sat outside to eat it. "So, you and Dillion?" Jasmine looked down, fidgeting with her fingers. "What about us?" Olivia giggled "come on, you can't fool me. I've been through this. If you haven't noticed I'm dating the older James brother. It's quite obvious that you have a thing for Dillion" Jasmine was silent. "Not gonna try and deny it?" Olivia said with a smile knowing how shy she was. "Look I was in your shoes. I wasn't the popular girl. But I was in love with Spencer James. Crenshaw transfer who ended up being one of the popular guys in the school. I was in love with him the moment I met him. I put my own feelings to the side because my best friend at the time was in love with him. I put her feelings first and mines last.. But it was only a matter of time before we couldn't hold back our feelings when we kissed in Vegas..." Jasmine looked up at her. "It was one of the best moments of my life. Yes, I hate that I hurt Layla and Asher but I'm living the dream with my soul mate now" Jasmine cracked a small smile. "Look I can't tell you what to do because this is your life and you choose how you want to live it but if you really want to be with Dillion then it's best that you be honest with yourself about your feelings and stop running from them. And if you're afraid because you fear how your dad and Grace will react then forget about it. You're about to be officially a high school graduate and freshly a college student. Those days of telling you what to do are over with. You're staying at a dorm so you make your own decisions now" Olivia advised her. "Thank you" Jasmine said causing Olivia to give her a side smile "anything for my little sis" Olivia giggled. "I hope to be in love like you and Spencer someday. I see the way you are around him, he truly does love you" Olivia gave her a nod as she continued to smile. "Yes, he does. I'm truly lucky and who knows, you could be lucky with Dillion" she said.

Dillion finally admitted his feeling to his older brother towards Jasmine. "So you love her, huh? How did you expect me to know that? You've been close since the day that you met. And I would've thought you would've told me how you felt about her but you never said anything" Spencer told him. "Because I was trying to be denial..." Spencer started laughing. "What's funny?" He shook his head as he looked at his brother "reminds me of the way I felt about Liv. I tried to fight the feeling but I just couldn't anymore. After spending a whole ass summer together and just growing much closer, I couldn't hold back. I see myself in you. If you love her then you need to tell her. Don't beat around the bush. Just be honest with your feelings dawg. She deserves that. Trust me, she's feeling you too. I'm sure Liv and her are talking about you right now. Why you think she wanted to get ice cream so badly?" Dillion was silent. "Time to be honest with yourself and to her. Let her know bro" Spencer pulled out his phone to text Liv but Dillion distracted him. "Thanks man. I appreciate the love and support. She's the only girl I've been into" he said. "She's about that because I remember you trying to sneak on Liv" they both laughed. "Yeah you took my dream girl so now I have no choice but to move on" he joked. "Dream girl, huh? Don't let me beat your ass" they continued to laugh. Olivia and Jasmine walked in the house seeing them laughing. "No more tension I see" Olivia said with them stopping. "How was the ice cream date?" Olivia looked over at Jasmine "it was amazing, I loved it" Jasmine smiled over at Olivia who nodded in agreement. "Glad y'all had fun" Dillion mumbled. "Thanks.." she mumbled back. "Ready to go babe?" Liv said to Spencer, wanting to give Dillion and Jasmine some space to talk. "Yeah I'm ready" he stood up from the couch. He turned to face his brother, dapping him up "later bro" he said "later" Dillion responded. Spencer walked over to Olivia with Jasmine walking over to Dillion. "Thanks again, Liv" Olivia gave her a smile "anytime love" she said before walking out the house with Spencer following behind.

TO BE CONTINUED