Second Chances

Olivia was preparing herself to take a shower when she saw a bruise on her shoulder. She was confused. "Spencer?" She yelled out. Spencer opened the door and walked in "yeah—" he didn't expect her to be naked. He cleared his throat. "Yeah??" She pointed at her shoulder. "What is this?" Spencer didn't notice the bruises as much last night because they were having sex in the dark. To see them made his blood boil. "Spencer?" He snapped out of his thoughts "Yeah?" She asked hun again "why do I have a bruise..." she saw the ones in her back as well "...bruises?" Spencer swallowed hard before stepping to her but she stepped back. "Why do I have bruises on my body?" She looked at him concerned. "Asher did that" she was confused. "What?.. no, Asher would never hurt me like this" she said to him. "So you think I did it?" She was silent. "Liv, you couldn't possibly think I did that to you. I would never put my hands on you. And you know that" he was disappointed. "How am I supposed to act? I'm losing my freaking mind right now. People are telling me one thing and then I'm hearing another I don't know what's going on" he stepped to her taking both of her hands in his. "Baby, I would never put my hands on you. When we broke up you got with Asher after I got with Rochelle" she moved her hands away from his. "Y-You got with Rochelle?" She was surprised to learn that. "Yeah...." he trailed off. "Liv, I was just trying to make you jealous. Knowing what I know now, I would never have did that" he said to her. Tears were welling up in her eyes. Trying to process everything was overwhelming. She didn't understand any of it. It was so frustrating to her. "Liv..." she looked away and shook her head. "I just need to shower..." he sighed before leaving the bathroom, closing the door behind him. She started to cry silently. She covered her mouth so she wouldn't be heard.

Layla was hanging out and Vanessa's. "Thank you for inviting me" Layla said to her. "Anytime. I just hate being alone. Asher, he would just leave and... I would not hear nor see him for days" she sighed. "Has he always been that way towards you?" Vanessa shook her head. "Not always. It happened much recently. I don't understand why. I would do anything for him. But no matter what I do, it was never enough" she looked down. "You don't deserve someone like that" Layla held her hand "you deserve someone so much better" Vanessa looked down at their hands. "Someone who would love you no matter what" Vanessa looked up at her. Layla slowly leaned in but Vanessa's baby started cry from upstairs. "I'll be back" Layla let her hand go, watching Vanessa stand up and go up the stairs.

"I don't know what to do. Liv was all lovey dovey with me yesterday and now all of sudden she sees me differently" Spencer was frustrated. "You have to understand she just woke up from a coma. She is dealing with amnesia. She's not in her right mind right now. And at the end of the day, before she was in a coma she hated you. Maybe she's starting to remember... I don't know. All I know is that, when she finds out the truth. When she gains her memory back, she's going to hate you. At first at least" Spencer sighed. "Babe is right, This is normal. She might feel some type away today and then feel something different tomorrow. You're gonna have to deal with it until she gains her memory back" Coop told her best friend. " Man what is she doesn't gain it back? Then what... Am I supposed to just stick around?" Patience looked at him confused "Nobody asked you to stick around Spencer. You can go and finish your football season for all I care. I get that you're frustrated. But you have to understand, part of this is your fault. You drove this woman to be with Asher because you tried making her jealous by dating Rochelle. I hate to break it to you but, it is what it is. Until this woman is fully healed, you're going to beat yourself up knowing that you could've stopped this from happening. The fact is, when she finds out the truth. Well... when she learns the truth, and gains her memory back, she is going to be broken. Probably even more broken than she was when all of this was taking place" Spencer sighed in frustration. " I love her. I hate that I have to help her remember all of this. But she doesn't want to remember it. She blamed me for those bruises, she didn't believe that it was Asher. How is that supposed to make me feel? Am I supposed to just be cool with that? I would never put my hands on her. Never! I just don't know what to do. How am I supposed to help her remember what happened to her about Asher when he's dead" Spencer realized he slipped up. "What?" Coop was confused "What do you mean Asher's dead?"

"Sorry for that, she was hungry" Vanessa walked downstairs. "It's okay" Layla told her. "I didn't ask and I should've but are you hungry or thirsty?" Layla looked down blushing. "Layla?" Layla took a deep breath before standing up. "Yes. I'm hungry and thirsty but for you" she stepped to Vanessa, kissing her. Vanessa was completely shocked. She couldn't believe that Layla was kissing her. She didn't know what to do. She's married. She can't cheat on Asher. But something about the way she was kissing her made her soft for Layla. Without realizing it, she was kissing Layla back. Layla placed her hands on Vanessa's waist, bringing Vanessa's body close to her. It was heating up when Layla sat down and Vanessa straddled in her lap. Vanessa started to grind her hips before Layla pulled away from the kiss pulling her shirt off. Vanessa pulled hers off. They started kissing again. "Mom?!"

Spencer explained everything to Coop and Patience. "Damn. I didn't think Liv had it in her" Coop said. "Well dealing with abuse like that, who would blame her? I feel for Liv. She deserves happiness. The fact that she has to relive this is heartbreaking but the outcome, let's hope it'll be different since you now know Rochelle drugged you" Patience said. "True but she has to remember. For her to get her life back" Coop told Patience. "Well.. I have to get back. I don't like to leave her unsupervised" he stood up. "What are you, her parent?" Patience joked. "I just don't think it's a good idea for her to be alone while having amnesia" he said. "I was joking, chill" Spencer sighed. " sorry... It's just stressful. I just wish I could just take her pain away. Seeing those bruises on her body... It makes me want to just, hurt somebody. I just don't want her to hate me...." he trailed off. "Don't worry about that. Just focus on helping her gain some sort of memory back."

"Yeah girl. I'm good, just about to take a shower" Olivia was on the phone with Kia. "How's your ribs?" Olivia was a little confused. Why is she asking that and how does she know that her ribs are in pain? Olivia doesn't remember Asher kicking her ribs in. The pain was still there. "Uh, they're sore?" Olivia answered was more of a question. "Well, put some ice on it" she told her. "Yeah, I will" Olivia walked to the kitchen, opening the freezer "So what are you gonna do for the rest of the night?" Olivia was confused as to why she opened the freezer. "Um.. take a shower and relax. I'm just trying to figure out why I opened the freezer door for" she couldn't remember because of the amnesia. "Probably to put ice on your ribs" Kia reminded her. "Oh yeah, thanks..." she grabbed a bag of ice before shutting the freezer door. "Well I'm gonna let you go. Call me if you need anything, and I mean anything. I'll check on you sometime tomorrow" olivia nodded "Okay" she said before they ended the call. Olivia saw that Spencer sent her a text saying he was on his way home after he makes a quick stop at the gas station. She didn't bother texting back. She went upstairs to get ready for her shower. She sat on the edge of the bathtub, naked, when she heard a knock on the door. She stood up putting her robe on. She walked down the stairs and went to the door thinking it was Spencer. "Did you forget your key?" The knock was a lot more aggressive this time around making her jump a little. She looked out the peephole not able to see who it was because they were blocking it. She hesitated before opening the door and within seconds she was hit down to the floor. "Stupid ass Bitch" a kick went into Olivia's ribs causing her to scream out of pain.

TO BE CONTINUED