30: Shreds

The two girls were now back in the car heading, officially, to the school. Once there and parked, Tori and Jade took their backpacks out from the back seat and walked toward the school, shoulder to shoulder.

They saw Cat waving at them from a lunch table (serving as a breakfast table at the moment) with pancakes stuffed in her cheeks making her look like a red headed chipmunk.

"Hiiii Ori an ade!" Cat spoke barely coherently with her mouth full.

"Hey Cat, you don't normally eat breakfast at the school, do you?" Jade questioned, taking off her backpack and setting next the bench. Then, she and Tori sat down.

"No, but these are really good!" Cat exclaimed. "It's a special meal for homecoming day!"

Jade's face lit up and then grew slightly pale as she thought about how the night was going to go down. Who's picking up who? Should I get her flowers? Does she even want to dance?

All the questions flooded her mind making it impossible to speak. Luckily, she didn't have to since Tori chimed in, "I'm so excited for tonight, we are gonna look amazing." She said, turning to face Jade.

"Speaking of," Cat said swallowing the last pieces of pancake, "I figured that you two could come over to my Nona's house. Sam could help us get ready, though I'm not sure how helpful she will be. You know what, on second thought," she said looking at Jade. "Maybe it's best if we go to Tori's house."

"Oh that's a no go. My sister, Trina, she's home sick and for some reason, she thinks she can sing better. That's part of the reason I left early today. Her rendition of 'Chicago' is terrible." Tori explains.

"Oh my brother had a bad fever once. He chased me around the house with a knife. He lives with doctors now, so I guess he did well for himself." Cat goes off track and just stares at the two girls. "Oh, right, what about your house Jade?"

"No, Cat your house is closest to the school and besides, I wanna meet your roommate. I've heard you talk about her for years, but now would be the perfect excuse."

Cat hesitated. She knew how dangerous Sam could be with just a stick of butter and a sock. And Jade's obsession with scissors? They'd be too much. But, Jade has been asking for a while to meet her and maybe with Tori there it would be alright. "Okay fine, but no scissors."

"You act like I carry a pair with me everywhere."

"You do," Tori says, reaching in the waistline of Jade's jeans, pulling out a dark green pair. Tori slyly glared at Jade and lifted on eyebrow slightly. Jade just smirked back.

"Okay, that's a lot of sexual tension," Cat says referring to the two girls. "Anyway, yes we can have it at my house. After school, go get all the makeup you want and don't forget your dresses of course."

"Aye aye captain," Jade said with a two-finger salute. Jade turned to Tori and Tori caught her drift. The pair walked in together ahead of Cat. She stayed behind lost in thought, thinking about how she'll either lose her best friend or her roommate tonight by the others' hand.

The rest of the day seemed to fog together. Students barely paid attention in their classes whether that be because they were excited for homecoming or they were watching the one's excited for homecoming in amusement. In any case, the teachers decided its be best to lay off the work. At least for the day. So when 8th period rolled around, each student had at least one half-completed coloring page in their book bags. Cat held the record though, with 28. How she was able to drench each one in full color, was beyond Jade and Tori who were now sitting outside watching Cat chase bubbles which were dispensing out of a little humming machine outside the door.