11: Vulnerable Gate

What the fuck did I just do?

Tori was surprised by her own actions when face to face with Jade. She felt powerful. She felt like she just destroyed her worst enemy. But Tori also felt bad about it. She knew she probably shouldn't because Jade could take much worse than being slam against a wall. Much, much worse.

Tori couldn't decipher if the thought was a revengeful one or something else. It didn't matter. She needed to get back to class. But how the hell is she supposed to work next to the girl she just told off?

And winked at.

Tori finds herself at the classroom door. The handle seems a lot colder than it was ten minutes ago. Tori inhales a large breath before finally turning the handle and walking back to her desk.

What the hell was that?

Jade was still against the wall. Paralyzed. Jade was about to get the answer out of that tiny girl and now she's paralyzed. Jade slides down the wall and sits on her heels. She reaches for the duct tape and unrolls it a bit. She rips a palm sized piece off the roll. Jade fidgets with the tape sticking and unsticking it to the back of her right hand. The skin became slightly raw.

How could a girl like Tori Vega have Jade West sitting on the floor of an old janitors closet? In her best skirt, no doubt.

She was so close to me. And she did that willingly. I don't even know what she said to me.

Something that Jade realizes now is that Tori never denied that she didn't know what Jade was trying to get out of her. Which only means one thing:

Tori had, without any doubt, the same dream

Tori was working through her slides of the project when the door opens. She sees the black boots first not wanting to face Jade immediately. She continues working until she knows for sure that Jade is sitting next to her.

"Long bathroom line?"

"Yeah, like you wouldn't believe." Jade replies like the whole scene in the closet didn't just happen.

Jade grabs her laptop out of her bag for the first time and logs on. When she opens the project up she sees that with the eight minutes she was alone in the janitors closet, Tori had completed everything except one slide. Jade clicked onto it to see what needed to be done but there was only a text box which read:

Nothing less than an 'A', right cupcake?

Jade looked over to Tori and Tori's eyes didn't meet her own. However, her small smile said what needed to be said.

"Seriously? How did you even do this? I was only in there for like maybe five minutes." Jade remarks.

"I guess you underestimated me." Tori says in response.

Their eyes finally meet.

The moment doesn't last long though because Tori sticks her tongue out at Jade like a child.

"Oh, how mature of you," Jade says soaked in sarcasm.

"Just paying you back from yesterday."

Jade arched an eyebrow and lifted her chin higher in curiosity. "Hey, I'm still pissed at Beck so maybe you wanna join me and Cat in the library for lunch?"

"Umm sure. Though I don't know who Beck is."

"He's my boyfriend. Yeah, he is in first period with sikowitz." Jade answers.