12: Follow the Leader

Jade looks down at her hand which is accompanied by another. Jade was paralyzed once again. Jade instantly calms down and her heartbeat seemed to match the rhythm of Tori's thumb. Jade feels Tori's eyes on her and she looks to meet them. Her face was so close and Jade sworn that Tori's eyes flickered down a bit before reentering the staring contest. Jade's eyes did the same thing. Tori leaned in and brushed her lips against Jade's.

Jade didn't push her away.

The best way Jade could describe the kiss shared between her and Tori was like touching a live wire. Expecting it to be warm but instead just feeling so much power and energy. Cold electricity.

Nothing like—

"Oh, my god... I am so so sorry Jade. I don't know why I did that." Tori backs away and stands up, nearly knocking her chair over. Jade still couldn't move.

Tori saves her chair from crashing into the ground and sets it upright to be sure it wouldn't fall over. Again.

Jade looks up at Tori but Tori just can't seem to find Jade's face.

"Tori..." spoke a small voice.

"Yeah?" Tori replied.

"Just... sit. Please."

As much as Tori wanted to, she couldn't. All that was going through her mind was an escape plan. Picking up her tray, throwing her backpack over her shoulder, and bolting out of the library. At least, she wanted to do that.

"Beck," Tori whispers low enough for only Jade to hear.

"I won't tell him. I promise." Jade replied softly, wanting to meet Tori's brown eyes but noticed they aren't looking at her still. Can she really not look at me?

But, it wasn't Jade that was the problem.

"Hey, baby. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make you upset about the dance." A old voice.

Jade, face now white as snow, turns around to see her boyfriend standing with his head hung a little low and his arms behind his back. Jade looks up at his face and sees genuine sadness. Remorse.

"Hi," was all Jade could muster. What else would she say? Sorry, babe. I think I like girls. Maybe not the best idea.

"Umm, I know you don't like them, but I wasn't sure what else to get to show that I am so so sorry and that I would love to take you to the dance." Beck says, pulling a bouquet of flowers out from behind his back and presenting them to Jade.

"Lilies?"

"Yeah, white ones."

"They're the symbol of death..."

"Oh..." Beck replies not knowing how to respond.

"I love them." Jade finally says setting them onto the table and grabbing Beck by the front of his shirt. He does however know how to respond to this. He leans down and gives Jade a kiss.

He didn't see us. Is that a good or bad thing?

Jade pulls away this time, remembering there is another person here.

"Umm, Beck, I want to introduce you to someone-" Jade says turning around and noticing the absence of the library nook.

Tori's backpack was gone as well.

"There's no one there, babe."

Even thought Jade knew Beck was here with her, it still felt like she was alone. The chair was empty. The table was bare. And her hand was left without another in it.

"Woahhhh where are we going?!!!!" The red headed girl screams.

"Shhhh!!" Tori hisses back releasing Cat's arm. "They could hear us."

"Who?" Cat says, looking all around her and even doing a 360°.

Putting her arms on her shoulders to stop her from doing another, Tori replies, "Jade and Beck. They are just inside the library. I saw Beck come in and I just couldn't be there anymore."

"Oh. Well, I wouldn't stress about Beck. Sure, he's what girls consider as 'hot' but beyond his face, he's got nothing. And you could totally take him. I could help! I could run home and and grab my biggest stuffed animal and I could strangl—"

"What the hell are you on about?! I don't wanna kill him!" Tori yell-whispers at Cat. "It's just weird. One moment, the world was just ours and in the next, there was just nothing. No feelings, no emotions. Just... darkness." She says somberly.

"Wait... what just happened when I wasn't in there? Between you and Jade?"

"What? Nothing."

"Oh, come on. Your face is all sad looking and from everything you just said... it leads me to believe something happened." Cat remarks with a proud face.

"Why are you only smart when it comes to me and Jade?" Tori asks sincerely.

"I'm not sure I follow..." Cat says back.

"Of course you don't," Tori replies resisting the urge to face palm. "What do I do? I mean, there was obviously something there but... it's Jade. It's hard to know where the boundaries are."

"Jade is difficult, yes. But she can also be very sweet. I say, just go with the flow. If something happens, something happens. If not, then it wasn't meant to be." Cat replies.

Tori looks at Cat with a face of unbelievability. "This is what I'm talking about, Cat."

"What is?"

"I- just... nevermind." Tori says with a real face palm this time.

"We need to talk." A intense voice says, making Tori jump.

"Yes... talk... talking would be good. What do you wanna talk about?" Tori replies to the voice.

"Just follow me."