10: Obvious Secrets and Duct Tape

Jade couldn't believe the similarities between Tori's dream and her own. Well, there was at least two. Cat's memory is not the most reliable thing in the world. Number one: the dream was very intimate but soft. Number two: the dream was set at Tori's house. The second one wasn't surprising since they spent yesterday afternoon together at Tori's house.

"So yeah that's pretty much it," Cat finished talking while reaching for her back pack on the ground. The bell had rung which allows the students ten minutes to get to class. Jade grabs her backpack as well and swings it over her shoulder. The two friends walk towards the main entrance and Cat goes to link her arm with Jades. Cats hand would need some ice after the slap Jade gave her.

Jade was suddenly at her locker. She must've been so lost in thought that she forgot all about the walk through the building. Her scissored covered locker clicks open and Jade trades her back pack for some folders, a notebook and the notebook. Jade couldn't risk leaving the notebook at home. With a slam of her locker, she was headed to Sikowitz's classroom.

"Forwards acting! When you backwards act, forward!" the clown says while turning back and forth.

"Yeah, I'm not even gonna ask," Andre remarks from his seat two rows over from Jade. "Mr. Sikowitz, is there anyway that I could raise my grade in this class? Before this last project I had an 'A', but now I've got a 'D'. How does someone go from an 'A' to a 'D'? Andre says raising his voice.

"Happened to me in eighth grade." Jade quickly replies. A row in front and to the left, Jade hears muted laughter. Jade turns a bit to look at Tori, but before their eyes could meet, the brown haired girl spins around back to the front and shuts her mouth.

Jade has been confused about her behavior all morning. If Tori knew that Jade had the same dream, this behavior would be totally justified. But all Tori knows is that only she had the dream. Jade was also a little hurt that Tori didn't acknowledge her joke more.

The long boring class about forward acting comes to an end and students start to pack up after the bell. Jade packs up very quickly in hopes to catch Tori before she leaves the room but she had no such luck. Tori is nowhere to be found once Jade was done stuffing her supplies in her bag. At least they have the next class together.

"Good morning, Jade." Mr. Samuelson greets right outside his classroom door. None of Jades other teachers did this and Jade always wondered why a teacher would do this. Putting the thought aside, Jade returns the greeting and heads for her seat in the back. Tori was already sat down and logged into her laptop.

"Hey," Jade tries, hoping for more than a head nod.

"What's up?" The girl actually spoke and her voice didn't sound shaky like Jade had expected it to sound. This is like a whole new Tori from this morning.

"Just wondering why you ignored me this morning out front." Jade spoke with clarity and intent. She needed answers. Why would a stupid meaningless dream make her like... this?

"Oh I- I just didn't feel well. I needed to go to get a drink from the fountain." Tori says knowing full well it's a lie.

Jade knew too.

"You bring a water bottle to school. There is no reason for you to go to a water fountain." Jade says pointing the the blue stainless steel bottle on Tori's desk.

"I needed to um- fill it up. I didn't have time this morning." Tori spits another lie.

"Yeah okay. So anyway, the project is nearly done. I think we could get it done in class if we hustle." Jade says changing the subject.

The bell rings and class has officially started.

"Uh yeah, I think so too. Nothing less than an 'A', right? Umm- could you give me a second, I need to use the bathroom." Tori excuses herself and grabs the pass off the door and shuffled down the hallway. Jade can't let her go this easily. Jade grabs the second pass and takes off after her.

Jade catches up to her even with her leather boots. She grabs Tori's hand and drags her into the same janitors closet that she pulled Cat into.

"What the fuck, Jade?"

"Are you gonna tell me what's really going on or am I going to have to find another way of getting information out of you?" Jade says reaching for duct tape.

"And what do you think you're gonna do with that? Tape my mouth up? How's that gonna get you your information?

"There is more than one way to use duct tape." Jade replies softly stepping towards the girl. Tori steps backwards but finds herself with her back against the wall. There was no where to go.

"Tell me. Now." Jade says with no quiver in her voice. Jade was determined to get the answer she already knew. She was just toying with her.

"Never" says a stronger voice. Tori steps away from the wall and looks Jade straight in the eyes. She takes another step and Jade has to take one back because if she didn't, they would've been cheat to chest. Tori takes a final one and now Jade is against the opposite wall.

The duct tape falls to the ground.

"Why do you care so much? I thought you were too selfish to care about other people's feelings. I guess I read you wrong." Tori's eyes look down upon Jade.

Tori turns to open the closet door, looks back at Jade and winks before leaving for class.