35: Late Night Regrets

"So, it's your last night in town. How are you gonna spend it?"

"Thank you for asking, I've been debating it all night," replied Amelia, pretending she was holding a microphone Tori had 'passed' to her. "This really cool guy named Andre invited me to his kick-off the school year party, and that seems like the only acceptable thing for me to do in my leaving of this great city."

"So dramatic." Tori said rolling her eyes. "But yeah, that's an excellent idea. Andre invited me too, but I'd want to bring Jade."

"Then what's the problem? Bring her."

"Well, I only would if I was one-hundred percent sure Beck wasn't going. Last time she saw him, she straight up hyperventilated. She actually kinda scared me."

"Holy shit, was the break up really that bad?"

"Jade wouldn't tell me the details, but from what I gathered, that whole night was a cluster fuck. If there was a way to make sure he wasn't going to be there, I'd go."

"Now, who do we know badass enough to stand between two psychopaths with more butter-socks than IQ points?"

Sam was trying to pluck one of Cat's red hairs for an 'experiment' when Tori called her.

"Tori, now is not a great time!"

"TORI, SHES TRYING TO CLONE ME!!!" Cat squeals, running away from Sam.

"I ALREADY HAVE TO DEAL WITH ONE OF YA, WHY WOULD I WANT TWO?!"

"Sam!!!" Tori yelled through the phone.

Cat ran into her room and slammed the door in Sam's face.

"FINE, ILL JUST GET ONE WHILE YOU'RE SLEEPING!!"

Sam came back into the kitchen and sat down in front of the camera.

"Y'all ruined a very intricate situation."

"That's okay, we have another intricate situation to propose." Tori said slyly.

"Go on," Sam said raising an eyebrow.

Beck opened his trailer door to see a short blonde looking back up at him. Sam was dressed more stylishly than normal. She almost looked cute, but Tori would never say that to her aloud.

"You Beck?"

"Uhhh yeah, who are you?"

"I'm Sam."

"Nice to meet you...? I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. Why are you here?"

"Oh, I was told to deliver a message. From West."

Before Beck could respond, Sam jumped on him, and started beating him with a sock filled with frozen butter. She kept swinging and swinging until Beck fell to the ground, yelling in pain.

Sam left before she could be spotted.

"Yeah, he won't be at the party. Andre said he had family shit to go to." Tori told Jade after asking if she liked to go.

"Really? He always avoids that kind of stuff. Especially for a party. Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm positive. I think one of his family members is ill or something."

"Oh shit, I hope they feel butter," Sam chimed in from the desk chair in Tori's room.

"You mean 'better'"? Jade asked?

"What did I say?" Sam replied.

"Whatever," Tori interrupts. "Point is, he won't be there. So, will you come?"