20: Return of Sweetness

Jade and Tori were sat right next to each other in Sikowitz's classroom. Jade was fiddling with Tori's fingertips and trying not to get distracted by the rhythmic heartbeat she felt in them.

Tori was the best at keeping Jade calm. Even in stressful situations like the one this morning with Beck, Jade could feel Tori's energy and become still.

Neither girl was listening to their really messed up teacher. How could they? When they are literally holding hands in front of everyone here.

No one would even notice, but Jade's hands kept lingering. Up Tori's arm, and gliding back down. Sometimes Tori would have to adjust herself in her chair to keep sane.

The bell rang and the two were off to Mr. Samuelson's class. Their project was already done, so it wasn't like they'd have to work at all today. Instead, Mr. Samuelson had a job for both of them. He asked the girls to hang up some homecoming decorations in the bare hallways, where students don't have a reason to go. The girls figured he did this just to keep them busy. This job had no impact on the school whatsoever. He handed Tori some rolls of streamers, and to Jade he gifted some balloons. He asked of them to be quiet in the halls and be back before the bell rang.

Tori grabbed a chair as well so they could reach higher up on the walls.

In the back hallway of the school, Tori was standing on that chair, hanging up some blue streamers, twisting them before adding the next piece of tape. Jade wasn't doing anything with the balloons, mainly because she was busying herself by holding the chair so Tori wouldn't fall.

"You know, he gave those to you for a reason." Tori said, noticing just how much Jade was helping her.

"What's the point of balloons if he didn't give me anything to hang them up with?Am I supposed to just let them sit on the floor?" Jade said in defense of her actions.

"That's actually a good point."

"Come down here."

Jade offered her hand and Tori took it while stepping off the chair. Jade then sat down.

"What are you doing?" Tori asked.

"Come here."

Tori walked over, closer to her. Jade tugged on Tori's arm, and she fell directly on her lap.

Their faces were only inches apart. Each exhale was the others' inhale. No eye contact was made, as each girl was looking at the others' lips.

Jade initiated the kiss.

Mr. Samuelson put an end to it.

"Girls, I asked you to hang up the streamers and the balloons. The bell rang a minute ago. Finish this up, and return my materials. Please." Their teacher said, turning on his heel and heading back to greet the students in third period.

"Guess this is over then." Tori said reluctantly.

"No, I don't think so. He told us to, and I quote 'finish this up.' And we wouldn't want to disrespect a teacher like Mr. Samuelson, now would we?" Jade said while running her hand up Tori's back, and eventually grabbing the back of her neck.

Tori smiled, and even though she so badly wanted to keep whatever this was going, Tori climbed off Jade's lap.

"Sorry cutie, but we should really get to class." Tori said grabbing the roll of streamers and the bag of balloons from off the floor.

"But we don't have third period together. How am I gonna live?" Jade said, reaching her arms out dramatically.

"I'm not sure, but better think of something quick. See you at lunch in the library?" Tori said walking backwards down the hallway not wanting to take Jade's face out of her eyesight.

"Of course."

Tori blew a short kiss to the girl still sitting in the chair. Sikowitz came flying out of his room, and Tori bumped into him as she was still walking and facing Jade.

"Practicing your backwards acting, are we?" Sikowitz said with a grin.

"Uhm... yes sir. I wanted to make sure I had the form down."

"Excellent!! Tori Vega, you are now my favorite student!" Sikowitz said loudly, as a curly haired ginger walked by.

"But I thought I was your favorite, Sikowitz?" The boy asked. Or was he a boy?

"I honestly forget you exist when you are out of my line of sight, Sinjin." Sikowitz replied to the kid, who walked away sadly.

Third period came and went, and Jade couldn't wait for lunch in the library. When she entered through the door, she saw Tori texting on her phone at the table.

"Hey." Jade greeted.

"Hi! Oh my god, I have to tell you something. So in third period, Robbie was talking to Rex and they got in this huge fight. Robbie was yelling at Rex and Rex was having none of it. So, Rex straight up punched Robbie in the face, and knocked him out!" Tori explained quickly and excitedly.

"Wait, so Robbie's puppet, that he controls, knocked him out?"

"Yeah! I honestly don't know if that makes Robbie super strong, or super weak." Tori said before her phone chimed.

Tori picked up her phone, texted the person back, and set it back down again.

"I think that just makes Robbie an idiot." Jade said, making Tori smile.

The smile didn't last long though, as Tori's phone chimed again.

She checked it, and smiled at the tiny screen. The smile seemed more genuine than the one she just gave Jade.

"Who is it?"

"It's Amelia. Remember, my friend back in Iowa? She texted me for the first time in a week. She keeps sending me these funny gifs. They are all of pandas, my favorite animal. Anyway, I totally agree with you about Robbie being an idiot."

"Yeah, how could I forget Amelia." Jade said with a little sharpness to her tone. Tori didn't pick up on it though.

"Yeah, she's sweet." Tori complimented her friend, and smiled again.

Jade shifted in her seat, uncomfortable to say the least.

"Sounds like it."