37: Rough

"I'm so dead. Fuck!" Jade hissed.

"Hey look. It'll be alright. Now your mom knows your gay. She'll get over it.

"You don't know her well. She called me 38 times Sam. I don't think this is okay."

"Ok, what do you wanna do?"

"Honestly, I just wanna talk to Tori about it. But, obviously, there's some problems with that plan." Jade sighed and chugged the rest of her coffee.

"Okay, ignore what I said about finding a rebound girl. I was being arrogant. You need to talk to Tori. You guys clicked so fast, and maybe it was truly a mistake."

"You don't accidentally sleep with someone Sam. There is a choice there."

"Ok yes, what she did, it was a choice. But now you also have a choice. Ignore Tori for the rest of your life or sort your shit out and get stronger because of it. If it were me, I'd probably do the first one, but I'm kinda an awful person, so I recommend the latter."

"That's gonna be so fucking awkward though."

"Do you love Tori?"

Jade sighed. "Of course I do. I cant stop."

"Then try to figure this out. If it doesn't work, by all means, go your separate ways and grow from it. But at least hear her out. She's a good person, who does stupid shit sometimes."

"Ok fine. But after another coffee."

Back at the house, Tori was waking up. She was confused at first to see the light shining in from a different side of the room until she remembered where she was.

And why she was there in the guest room.

She sat up slowly. She thought about all the ways she could approach Jade today. Whether she should be patient and accepting of whatever Jade decides or if she should demand forgiveness and fall to her knees, pleading for Jade to let her back in. Luckily, she didn't have to wait long before Jade came into the room herself.

"We need to talk about it." Jade said, actually making eye contact. Tori took this as a good sign.

"Yes, please."

"Why did you-" Jade stopped and rephrased. "Why did it happen?"

Tori inhaled before answering. "We were both drinking. She kept flirting, and before I knew it, she was kissing me."

"Why didn't you stop her?"

"Because I..."

"Just tell me."

"A few years ago, I liked her. And when she kissed me she brought all those memories back of the what-could've-beens. But I should've. And I'm so so so sorry."

Jade looked down.

"So, how far did it go until you stopped her?"

"Jade..."

"Did you come?"

"No, I was the one-" Tori stopped herself.

"Did she?"

There was a pause.

"Yeah."

Jade felt fire in her gut. Angry, not only because her girlfriend cheated, but because Tori made someone else feel how Tori feels when she's with Jade. Tori only knew how to do that because of Jade.

"How did you do it?" Jade spat.

"What?"

"What did you do to Amelia that made her come?"