2: Stars and Their Chemistry

"Ow ow ow ow ow" the red haired girl silently spoke while being dragged by the wrist by a perplexed jade.

"I don't know her" Jade said shutting the door of the janitors closet behind her.

Cat, being her simple minded self, said "who?" Jade just rolled her eyes and continued.

"I mean, I know everything about everyone. But her... I don't know her at all. I haven't even seen her before. I've got to get to know her without being too needy" Jade said with a slightly worried look.

Cat looked as if he had just remembered who Jade was talking about. "Why do you even care? She's the new girl. Do your normal thing and ignore her and move on. What's different?"

That was a difficult question. Why was Jade so amped about this one? In the beginning of the year, she studied all new types of kids that came to Hollywood arts, this shouldn't be different at all.

"You're right. Okay." Jade said calming down and letting go of Cats poor sore wrist. Right then, the late bell rang.

"Great. I have to listen to that creepy clown of a teacher. For an hour. Awesome." Jade sighed, knowing it was gonna be a long day.

"BACKWARDS ACTING!" The clown facing the white board shouted. "This is an important skill if you are ever talking to someone backwards."

"Um sir, when would we ever use this?" A soothing voice chipped in.

"Andre, you've got to listen. I just said whenever you are talking to someone with your back turned towards them." Sikowitz rebutted still not looking at the class.

"That- thank you sikowitz" Andre said shooting his classmates are confused look. They returned the same confusion.

"Okay, class dismissed"

No one moved. And then a voice.

"Um sir, there's still 57 minutes left of class..." Jade looked up wondering how she didn't see her before now. That's the same voice. She look at the girl who spoke. Long wavy brown hair with a light blue tank with a gray cardigan laying over her shoulders. She was wearing black low cut jeans and checkered vans.

Looking at the clock, sikowitz remarked "AH so there is. Great observation Ms. - "

"Vega. Tori Vega, sir." The small voice chirped.

"Ms. Vega. Pretty name for an— average looking girl."

Jade snickered. Tori's head shot back turning her head towards the snickering one. Jade just stuck her tongue out at her and that made Tori gasp. She turned back in her seat making note that the one in all black with blue streaks in her hair, is not a friend.

"Now now. Class pay attention to me now as I'm the teacher. So, I've taught you all I was going to teach you. So let's welcome our new student, Tori Vega" the class then applauded. But there was a small "boo".

"Tori! Why don't you come up here and say a few things about yourself?" Sikowitz offered her the stage.

"Umm alright" Tori said getting up from her seat. She found it strange that there was no desk to push her self up from. She walked to the stage and turned towards the class. "So I'm from eastern Iowa, I moved here because my dad got a new job and thought this would be the best school for me." Jade though that was narcissistic but said nothing of it. "So I auditioned and got in. Um a second thing would be..." Jade groaned because she thought the first fact was the first fifty. "That I love science. Like really anything about stars and their creation and how they die is just really beautiful"

This caught the raven haired girls attention. Jade has been obsessed with stars for as long as she can remember. In 3rd grade, she learned about the chemical side of nuclear fusion and how that happens in the core of all stars. And she always thought the death of the Star was the most impressive. A small star will just become a white dwarf while supermassive stars can become supernovas, and black holes. Jade has written many poems about their whole process. Tori finally captured her.

Realizing she has been spacing off, she returned her attention to the girl who was being applauded for sharing. Jade cursed herself for not getting more information about the new girl. But knowing she would eventually know everything, she went easy on herself.