18: The Taste of Purple

"Jade?"

"Can I come over?"

Jade knocked on Tori's door.

When it opened, Tori's smile quickly faded. She saw the bruise on her neck and the ones dotting her arms. Tori stepped aside and motioned her Jade to come in.

Tori informed Jade that her parents weren't home, so they could hang out in the living room, but Jade didn't like that idea.

"Can we actually go to your room?"

"Yeah, of course."

The two headed up the stairs, Tori trailing behind Jade in case she falls. The dark haired girl looked unstable on multiple levels.

Jade entered Tori's room and sat on the bed. She didn't say anything.

Tori was incredibly worried, but she tried to hide it the best she could. There were too many questions she had.

Was this Beck's doing? What were the papers she brought in? Why was I the one she came to? Was this somehow my fault?

She figured it best to start off simple.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"No, not really. Can... can I just stay here for the night?" Jade whispered.

"Yeah, I wasn't going to let you leave."

Tori sat down next to the uncharacteristically quiet one and said, "Do you want to color? I have some colored pencils, and two coloring books."

"Don't you think that's a little childish?" Jade questioned softly, with a light chuckle.

"How dare you insult my favorite hobby! Here, I'll get them."

She walked over to her bookshelf against the wall and lowered herself. She picked out the two books, and the bucket of pencils. She walked them over to a large desk at the foot of her bed.

Tori looked up at Jade and smiled softly. Jade took this as a sign to sit in the blue fuzzy chair. There was no chair for Tori, so she would have to grab one from downstairs.

"I'll be right back. I'm gonna grab another chair."

Tori walked the down the stairs, and picked up one of the dining room chairs. She also figured Jade would be hungry after crying so hard, which was evident from her sore, red eyes. Tori went over to the fridge and grabbed the tubberware full of cupcakes.

With chair, and food in hand, Tori walked back up to her room. She spotted Jade coloring a detailed gecko with many shades of yellow, blue and purple. Tori set the chair down on the right side of Jade and set the cupcake bin in the middle of the two coloring books.

"You really are addicted, aren't you?" Jade says in reference the to rainbow colored frosted treats.

"What can I say? I'm a sugar addict." Tori says picking up a purple one.

"Well, aren't you gonna offer me one?" Jade says putting down the bright yellow  pencil.

"Nope, these..." Tori stops to count. "9 cupcakes are all for me. Sorry."

"That's too bad." Jade says while picking out a blue one. She unwraps part of the sleeve and takes a bite. She had forgotten how good of a baker her mom is.

"Damn.... no wonder you're an addict." 

"My mom's the best, what can I say?"  Tori smiles back.