(Prologue): You're the Illusion Slayer?

3rd person POV:

A spiky-haired boy, half-conscious, feels as if they are floating on water.

He tries to open his eyes but is too weak to do so. His attempt doesn't go unnoticed.

"Listen, you've done enough, rest, you have a lot of work ahead of you anyways."

"We don't have much time, I can't hold back that power forever and we need to send you and everyone else before it grows back."

"Don't forget the plan"

The boy's consciousness begins fading.

"I'm serious! DO NOT forget the god damn plan!"

"Train hard, get stronger, and find the Black Dragon! Do you hear me, Kamijou?!"

"I swear, if you get amnesia I'm going to fuck you-"

Those were the last words he heard before darkness consumed his vision and mind.

How much time has passed was unknown, but the spiky-haired boy woke up in a sweat.

His eyes fluttered open and after his eyes adjusted to the light, he found himself in a forest.

Turning his attention onto himself, he noticed he was wearing a torn-up pair of shorts and wore a white shirt which was blood-stained on his right side.

Taking a moment to think, the 4-year-old realized something. He couldn't remember anything.

Not his family, not his home, or anything of the sort.

There were only three major things he remembered. The words of that mysterious person, his name, and something called "Imagine Breaker", which the name prompted him to turn to his right arm for some reason.

???:.....(looks around)

???: Such Misfortune...

(13 years later)

(Choo-choo)

Train conductor: Now stopping in the town of Hargeon!

After the train stops and people depart, a little blue cat wearing a white coif stands near the exit of the train.

(Index: The self-proclaimed nun)

Index: Toumaaaaa! Come on! Before the train leaves!

A young mage, with spiky black hair and a guild mark on his left arm then groggily approached the talking cat.

Touma: Trust me, Index. The last thing I want is to stay on this train.

Grabbing his bag, he swings it onto his back. Together with his cat, they begin to leave until...

(Swoosh)

Touma: Eh?

The doors of the train slid close, leaving the young mage's bag stuck in between the sliding door.