Chapter 60: Rather not Marry

Mizuki's POV

"Mito, what are you doing?", I asked her.

Teared up tissue paper was all over her bed as she was smiling at me innocently. She was biting her pink chew toy too, growling cutely.

I chuckled and bent down to carry her.

"Come here girl!", I called her and she stood up excitedly, running towards me.

She ran around me, wagging her tail in excitement. I grabbed a treat and showed it to her, she started barking and jumping. I held my hand out and waved it so she would follow it.

"Mitooo, sit.", I said.

She jumped twice then sat down, her tongue hanging out while panting.

"Good girl! Here's your treat! Who's the best puppy, who's a good girl, hmm?", I cooed, playing with her. I gave her the treat and she ate it happily.

Mito was my new puppy that was given to me by Kenta last week. She quickly warmed up to me because we played all week. She's a small Pomeranian breed so she fits in anywhere in the house, I had to buy her a dog house that she really likes so that she'll stay in it.

"Mito, what did we say about tearing up paper? You made a mess in my room...", I scolded her.

She whimpered and just sat obediently, looking up at me.

"Don't let me catch you like this, okay? No. More. Shredding. Paper. Got it?", I asked.

She barked with a smile and I pat her head.

"Now, go to your house while I clean this up, go.", I ordered her and she walked back to her house in the corner of my room.

I cleaned up the mess she made in her bed. After a while, someone knocked on my door then opened it.

"Hey, you ready?", Kei immediately said.

He was a little impatient because Mito kept asking for belly rubs. Kei said she was stealing the attention that was supposed to be for him.

Mito barked at him in a sassy manner. There's a clear rivalry between these two. Kei glared at her and just faced me.

"Yeah, I'm almost done.", I said while grabbing my bag and checking if I look okay.

I was wearing a blue turtleneck under a gray sweater. I was also wearing a blue skirt and black stockings that ride up to my thighs. I was wearing a coat over it all and the white matching scarf I made for me and Kei. And I plan to wear boots later.

"You already look beautiful, baby. You don't need to check yourself every second.", he replied.

"Aww, thanks babe. I'm just nervous to meet your grandparents, you know?", I sighed, walking up to him.

"Don't be. No matter what they think or say, nothing's gonna change us. So don't worry about it, okay?", he smiled at me, he kissed my hand and I chuckled.

Mito barked again and growled.

"She was mine first, you pathetic dog.", Kei insulted her.

Mito growled more and ran towards us to bite Kei's sock again. But I caught her before she could.

"Mito, no biting Kei's socks. We talked about this! Don't bite Kei or else no treats until the end of the week.", I said.

She looked at me with the cutest puppy eyes, and huffed in a sassy way, finally obeying.

"And you, don't call her names like that!", I scolded Kei.

"But--", he was supposed to reason out.