Chapter 76: Vacay Shenanigans

Third Person POV

Mizuki and Kenta were walking around the village in silence. After the story that Kenta told them, and the analysis they all said about their friendship, Mizuki has been smiling the whole time.

But her smile soon disappeared when she remembered something.

"Hey, Kenta...", she called.

"Yes, princess?", Kenta asked.

"I have something to tell you. Do you remember the day when I called you to ask if you know who Itoma-sama's new husband is?", Mizuki asked.

"I do. Why?", Kenta asked.

"Itoma-sama's new husband... I know who he is... he's--", Mizuki said but was cut off.

"Kei's father.", Kenta cut her off. "I know."

Mizuki was shocked that he knew.

"I heard his name before, and I also saw him. He looked a lot like Kei. So when I saw your boyfriend, I already knew.", Kenta continued.

"I see...", Mizuki looked down.

"And... when you called me that day, my mom also reached out to me. So I figured that when you called, it had something to do with them.", Kenta explained.

"They were gonna ask for money again...", Mizuki said.

"That's right. By the way, how did Kei's mom know me?", he asked.

"Well, that day I called you, I was at Kei's house and his father came. I couldn't resist my anger for what they did to you. So I... sort of... slapped him across the face... while ranting in anger. Then I told Oba-san about you.", Mizuki looked away shyly, remembering the mess she cause that day.

"Princess...", Kenta trailed off.

He then attacked Mizuki with a hug, feeling touched that Mizuki went to that extent for Kenta's sake.

"I love you! I mean it!", he said and Mizuki laughed at his sudden reaction. "You slapped someone for me! And even better, that cheating monster!"

"I know, I know.", Mizuki chuckled.

"What am I gonna do to you, you're just the best thing that's ever happened to me.", he said and Mizuki blushed.

"I-I... that's great to hear...", she smiled, tearing up a little.

To be appreciated like this, after all those years they've been together. It's a whole different kind of happiness.

She's happy that Kenta is all better now, what happened 6 months ago wasn't ideal and she wishes that nothing like that would ever happen to Kenta again.

"Ahem.", they heard a fake cough.

"Oh, hi babe.", Mizuki said.

"Can I have her now, please?", Tsukishima asked politely.

"Sure thing!", Kenta let go of Mizuki and she walked towards Tsukishima.

Kenta went to hang out with the others while Tsukishima drags Mizuki somewhere to cuddle.

Meanwhile...

The others are enjoying the island in their own ways.

Some are already out in the ocean to go fishing, they were Hinata, Nishinoya, Asahi, Kuroo, Iwaizumi, and Goshiki.

Ushijima, Tendou, Semi, and Yamagata are all going hiking. They planned to go to the center of the island and to the waterfalls. It's gonna be a while before they hang out together again so they wanted to take their time to bond.