Chapter 80: It all goes downhill from here

A/N: I can't believe we've reached 80 chapters😭. Only a few more before the book reaches its end!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Mizuki's POV

"And Ren needs to practice more with you. Just like your duo with Suga-san.", I told Kageyama.

"I don't think they clique.", Hinata said honestly.

Kageyama glared at him but I covered their faces with my notebook. I was sitting between them to break any tension.

"Well they NEED to clique. I know they're both very reserved but if we're gonna beat other schools, we need to be smarter. We've learned and changed a lot but still. The teams this year are gonna be scary.", I said.

"That's true! We haven't reached a limit yet! So we have to train more and explore.", Hinata agreed.

We both looked at Kageyama to convince him to agree.

"I guess that's true. Fine, I'll train with him. But... be t-there.", he looked away.

"Of course!", I replied.

"Kageyama's shy!", Hinata teased and Kageyama just smacked his back from behind me.

"And Shoyo, you also need to be there, so that Ren can get used to setting for you. You need to built bond and trust.", I added.

"I'll do it!", he replied.

"Good.", I smiled.

"Anything for your son.", Yamaguchi chuckled, pertaining to Ren being my son.

"Yes, my son needs to be trained.", I rode along with the joke.

"I'm done with our schedule for the month, here.", Yachi said, handing us her notebook.

We're currently having lunch but we're all talking about the rest of our training for the Interhigh. Before the competition, we're gonna have a practice match with Nekoma since Coach Nekomata agreed. It's gonna be next next week so that we have more time to train ourselves. I'm also excited to see our friends once again!

"Looks like your schedule is packed.", Haruka commented while munching on her salad.

"Nice, let's get Mr. Takeda and Coach Ukai's approval before we brief this to the rest of the team.", I said, looking at the schedule.

"Okay!", Yachi replied.

I sighed and looked around. Kei was no where near where I was sitting. He was on the other corner of the table, chatting with Mariko again. Hitomi, Miho, and Mariko were with us again today and we've all gotten closer!

What I'm slightly pouting about is that Kei barely talks to me anymore. He speaks a few words during classes, we don't talk much during training since we're both focusing on different things, we don't chat during lunch because of his focus on his friend and my focus on the volleyball club. I do hope I can spend time with him today since it's Tuesday, meaning it's date night.

And even though it's quite immature and clingy of me, I want attention right now.

So I took out a slice of strawberry shortcake that I baked. I put it in front of him, waiting for him to notice.

1 minute passed...

2 minutes passed...

5 minutes passed...

10 minutes passed...

20 minutes...

He still hasn't noticed it. Is this petty of me?