Chapter 9: 27th of September

A/N: It ain't Tsukishima's birthday today but the calendar in the story tells it is so, here you go.

~°~°~°~°~

Mizuki's POV

FLASHBACK

"I need your help.", I said, putting down my sandwich.

"On what?", Bokuto asked.

"Tsukishima's birthday is in September 27. I want to make a small gathering for him. I want you guys to come.", I answered.

"Even me?", Yaku asked, pointing at himself.

"Of course! I know I'm asking a lot, so if you all have practice just tell me ahead of time.", I added.

"We'll clear our schedule for you.", Kuroo said, smiling.

"Man, I wish I have a girlfriend that makes surprise birthday parties for me, Tsukkipoo's so lucky.", Bokuto said, resting his elbow on the table.

"You have Ayana-chan.", Akaashi said. Bokuto sat properly, blushing.

"Don't mention her here!", Bokuto said, gritting his teeth.

"Oh ho ho, who's the lucky girl?", I smirked teasingly.

"Mii-chan!", he whined.

"Okay, okay.", I raised my hands.

"She's a second year in our school that likes him.", Akaashi said.

"Aaaand, he likes her too but can't tell her how he feels?", I guessed.

"Exactly.", Akaashi replied.

"I-It's not like that! I just get nervous around her.", Bokuto pouted.

"Exactly.", I copied Akaashi, shrugging my shoulder cutely, winking at the same time.

"Whatever.", he pouted more.

END OF FLASHBACK

My brothers, Lev, Kenma and Yaku agreed to come today and they're already on the way here. The Karasuno boys already agreed to the plan. And my comrades in this operation, Yamaguchi and Yachi, distracted Tsukishima perfectly.

I sneaked out to the other gym quietly, making sure everything is in place. I received a text from Kenma that they're already at the gate. I ran to fetch them quickly. They were walking along the school grounds when they saw me.

"HEY MII---", Bokuto shouted but Kuroo immediately slapped his hand on Bokuto's mouth to keep him from being heard.

I bit my lip and hurriedly ushered them to the first gym where the surprise is gonna be held. They went inside and I texted Yachi that we're ready for the surprise.

Meanwhile at the second gym...

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Third Person's POV

Yachi received the text and sent a signal to Yamaguchi, Daichi, Sugawara and Kageyama. They nodded and kept acting natural.

"Where's Mizuki-chan?", Yachi asked, making sure Tsukishima heard.

"Yeah, she's taking awfully long on grabbing those chairs.", Daichi added.

"Now that I think about it, she's been gone for almost 10 minutes.", Sugawara said.

"Wait, is she? She was complaining about dizziness earlier.", Kageyama replied, acting worried.

"This morning, she didn't look too well either.", Yamaguchi added.