Chapter 32: Just Like Us

Third Person POV

Morning came more late than usual since it was already winter in Japan. Mizuki and Tsukishima's quarrel yesterday was now cleared. And as said, Tsukishima stayed for the night at her house.

Mizuki woke up first, seeing a sleeping Tsukishima first thing in the morning. Their noses were touching, and Tsukishima's close bare face put a smile in Mizuki's face.

Her head was resting on his arm, his other arm was around her waist, hugging her tightly. Her arms were around his chest, cuddling him closely. Their legs were tangled under the blankets.

The sun from outside the window shone on Tsukishima's face. And it made him slur a bit. Mizuki chuckled and covered the sunlight hitting his eyes with her hand.

This calmed Tsukishima but it also woke him up. His golden eyes fluttered open to meet Mizuki's amethyst ones.

He looked at her hand that was shielding his eyes from the sunlight. Everything else was blurred in his sight, all except Mizuki.

He took her hand and put it down. Then he buried his face against the crook of his arms and Mizuki's cheek.

"You'll get tired.", he whispered, letting go of her hand and hugging her again.

She smiled and caressed his cheek and ear.

"We have to get ready, it's already 8.", she whispered.

"5 more minutes.", he mumbled.

"5 minutes will turn into 15." she replied.

"Please.", he said.

"Okay.", she chuckled.

Mizuki just counted the minutes since she knows that if she sleeps, she'll wake up late.

After 5 minutes, she lifted her head slightly and looked at Tsukishima.

"Kei, wake up.", she lightly tapped his cheek.

Tsukishima sighed and let go of Mizuki. She sat up and stretched her arms.

She looked back and saw that he was still asleep.

"Keeeiii.", she said, shaking his shoulder lightly.

He still didn't respond after that. So Mizuki pushed him and made him lie on his back. He still didn't move so she got up and sat down on his stomach.

Her weight made Tsukishima open his eyes slightly. He then sat up to hug Mizuki then lied down again, bringing her with him.

"Kei!", she whined.

"Good morning.", he just said.

Mizuki bit her lip, preventing her from smiling.

"I wish every morning could be like this.", she mumbled.

Tsukishima let go of her so she got up slightly, her hands on either side of Tsukishima to support her weight.

"Wanna live in an apartment together?", he asked.

"Not yet. I still wanna spend time with Papa before I turn into a real adult.", she answered.

"I don't wanna live in an apartment. It stinks. It's hot inside. Too cold in the winter. Thin walls. Loud neighbors.", he complained and Mizuki laughed.

"Let's talk about that later. Get up, we'll leave at 10.", she replied and got off of him.

She walked towards the mirror and checked if the mark her left last night was gone.