Chapter 84: just like any other

Tsukishima's POV

After a long day of work, we made a lot of progress in our IP.

"Okay, I think we're done for the day.", I said.

They all sighed tiredly but also cheered in satisfaction. We conducted experiments today and we'll just have to leave it and let time give us answers.

"I'll write the observations myself, then we can conclude our IP.", I said, standing up to set aside our experiment.

"Isn't it your birthday today, Tsukki?", Tsuhaki asked.

"None of your business.", I answered, cleaning our workspace.

"Where's your girlfriend?", she asked.

"Also none of your business.", I answered.

"You're no fun. Hmp.", she huffed, trying to act cute.

Disgusting.

"Sorry we had to do this during your birthday, Tsukishima. We saw all the foods cooked by your mother downstairs. You must've wanted to celebrate.", one of my groupmates said.

"That was from Mizuki's father. Mizuki came this morning to drop it off. And it's fine, this is for our grades anyways.", I just replied.

I opened the door and waited for them to clean up their things so they can leave.

After they left, I cleaned up my room. While cleaning up, a picture caught my eye. A picture of me and Mizuki.

Oh, right.

She... looked so sad this morning. She even tried to smile when she left, but I knew she was disappointed. Maybe I could invite her over tonight? So that I can make it up to her by spending some time together.

She wouldn't be mad at me, right?

I sighed and continued cleaning my room. The sun was already starting to set when my groupmates left so it was nearning night.

After cleaning my room, I lied down on my bed and sighed tiredly.

Then I heard my phone notification. I grabbed my phone and saw that it was from Tsuhaki. The notification only said she sent a photo, it doesn't really show me what the photo is.

It might be something in relation to our project so I viewed her message and it was...

A photo of Mizuki and Kageyama. Together.

Mizuki was still wearing what she wore this morning. In the picture, it looked like they were in the park, resting while watching the sunset.

I felt a pang of jealousy in my heart again.

Why is it that every time I'm unavailable, Kageyama is always there to take her away???

And why hasn't he stopped liking her? I thought he already had closure.

I gripped my phone and just put it down.

No, I promised Mizuki I wouldn't act jealous.

...

But how could I not??

It's like Mizuki is always approaching Kageyama whenever she's upset with me. Is that on purpose? Is she doing that to annoy me? What the heck is wrong with them?

I grabbed my phone again and called Mizuki. After a few rings, she answered.

"Hey...", I started.

"Hi. A-are you done with your IP?", she asked, sounding more sad now.