Chapter 89: one last dance

Third Person POV

Kei was accompanied by Mizuki and Kenma while he eats. Earlier, he was greeted by everyone in Mizuki's family and they told him he was glad he could make it to the reunion. It was obvious that Kei was loved by Mizuki's family, and he felt relief when he saw that everyone was glad that he was there.

After the twins were done talking to him, it was finally Mizuki's turn to talk.

"Did something happen? How's your grandpa?", she asked.

"He's... more than okay.", he answered.

"Is he in need of some treatment or operation?", she asked.

"No.", he answered.

"Then... you're here because he's alright?", she guessed.

"Yes.", he answered.

"Babe, I can't help if you don't talk to me.", she said.

Kei looked at her, who still look worried. He smiled and caressed her cheek.

"Don't worry too much about it, okay?", he said, then kissed her forehead. "I appreciate that you're worrying. But everything is fine."

Mizuki was still worried but still smiled and nodded.

Kei was worried, of course. Who knows what his grandparents might do to them? The worst case scenario is involving Mizuki's safety.

But as long as I'm with you, I won't let them hurt you in any way. He thought.

Mizuki stood up and took a slice of strawberry shortcake and a slice of apple pie. She walked back to the two boys and put the plates in front of them.

"Eat to your hearts' desire.", she said.

"Thanks.", Kenma replied with a smile.

"Thanks, baby.", Kei kissed her forehead.

Mizuki smiled and watched the two enjoy the food that the Sanders made. After a while, the Shiratorizawa boys approached them.

"Hey, Kei-Kei.", Tendou called him by a nickname.

"Ah, you got a nickname now.", Semi said, remembering how he got the nickname 'Semi-Semi' from Tendou.

"Looks like you made it after all.", Kawanishi mentioned, sitting beside Kei.

Tendou, Semi, and Ushijima stood behind him and they started chatting casually. Shirabu wasn't involved in the conversation, he was still mad at Kei for the whole "forgetting the anniversary" thing.

Shirabu lost hope that their relationship could go back to how it was, when Kei was madly in love with Mizuki. Shirabu was always protective of his friends, and would always be mad at the one who hurt them.

Mizuki noticed how distant Shirabu was to Kei. It was unusual because they usually get along when teasing someone, and they usually talk when they're together.

Shirabu glanced at Mizuki and tilted his head, motioning her to follow him. Mizuki slowly pulled away from the group, following Shirabu who stood a few meters away from them. Kenma noticed, of course, so he looked at them from afar.

"Kenjirou? What is it?", she asked.

"After all that I've said, how can you stay and sit beside him like an obedient puppy, always at his beck and call?", he asked in frustration.

"Ken-ken, it's been 10 days since that happened, and he's been great, I know he's redeeming himself. He's also going through a tough time right now. I know better than to ignore him and ask for his affection.", she answered.