Chapter 15 operation/the talk

Ria's Pov

I jumped on the roof and there's two vents.

"Most likely one of them is a trap but which one?" I mumbled to myself.

"Hey what are you doing up here?"
Shit

I peeped back to see a guy about to pull out a weapon.

"Sorrry you gotta be quicker than that" I pulled out my gun and shot him in leg then his shoulder

That should do for now.

"Boss what's going on report back" John said through the ear piece

Suddenly I heard noise

"Oh no looks like I've got company" I said jumping through any vent

"Please don't be the wrong one" I mumbled clutching my gun tightly

"Ria report back" Cole voice snapped

"I just shot some guy then some of their members started coming my way so I jumped through a vent" I rushed out.

There was a long pause

"Are you okay? I heard two shots go off" cole said

I nodded but quickly said "yes" remembering he cant see me.

"Alright John you're up try to get their attention away from Ria until she gets to me then you'll scope it out and give us any heads up"

"Roger that" john said

"Okay ria I'm waiting on you remember there's a certain time you gotta reach me because they won't focus on john too long"

"Alright I'm coming I'm almost there" I landed on the ground then looked both directions before running across the the other side of the building.

****************************

The mission went great the only thing is that john got shot in his shoulder so he'll need some time off.

Soon after that Cole went back to the same routine ignoring me it was seriously getting on my nerves.

Sighing I decided to complete some paper work so I called ryan so he can fill me in on everything while I'm at it.

I put him on speaker phone.

"Okay ryan did you get the payment from him?" I ask whiles writing

"Yeah I got the payment it was exactly 500k"

"Alright that's good so....how's melody" I said in almost a whisper.

"She's doing fine but she misses you...you just up and left to do buisness but didn't tell her goodbye or even carried her"

"Ryan I wish I could but it's too dangerous for her to be in my life" I said wiping my eyes as another tear falls out.

"Yes but still I think you should let him know if you see him he has the right to know"

"I've seen him already hell" I sniffed "I'm living with him for the time being" I continued.

"I'm telling you this as your friend not employee to boss but as your friend I'm letting you know this wasn't no coincidence this was fate"

"Maybe" I muttered