Chapter 40 - Bed and Breakfast

MATT

Erin looks so peaceful as she sleeps. She's lucky to have an extra week of vacation before going back to the club. I haven't missed getting up early in the past two weeks. We had such a great time with Lars and Gretchen. The whole family was together for the first time since Rory, Imogen, Adam and Claire also joined us at the guest house in Sea Glass Beach. We all took a well-deserved vacation and I had the time of my life surfing, browsing the shops at the boulevard or going sightseeing along the coast. I took the most amazing photos there while working on a tan. I wonder how long it will last me since the weather in Greenwood seems to be getting colder and grayer by the day. My plan, after I choose the best photos, is to have them framed and send them to the Sommers. I'm sure they'll appreciate having new artwork to decorate their comfortable guest rooms.

Since Erin and I didn't feel like driving six hours back to Greenwood, we decided to rent a room in a beautiful bed and breakfast in Clover Village, a town halfway to our destination. We felt lucky to get a room on the ground floor because it had a terrace and a little garden. Mrs. Constance was a great hostess, as good as Gretchen, and every morning she had a display of warm bread rolls with everything that could be spread on them and fresh farm eggs. Her coffee was simply the best and her old pot was no competition to the most expensive coffee machines. While having breakfast, she would entertain us with stories about her youth and she seemed quite fond of the local café owner, a man she referred to as Old Simon.

On our last night in Cloverfield, I was sitting on the very comfortable armchair in our room while reading a book. I barely have time to read, even though I love it, and was glad I got a great thriller as a Christmas gift from Adam. In the past two weeks, I indulged in it before going to sleep.

"Matt..."

I lifted my gaze from the book to find a vision. Nothing like ghosts or anything of that kind. Erin stood in the bathroom's doorway, dressed in a pink satin slip.

"Wow, Erin! You look very beautiful!" I said with reverence, placing my book on the side table.

"I'm ready."

It took me a moment to understand what she meant. I took my time standing up to make sure she didn't regret her words.

"Are you sure? You want to..."

"I spent a fortune on this," she pointed at her outfit and laughed. "I think I'm sure."

"How are you so sure? Erin, you know I'm not in a rush."

"I realized I needed help from the moment you asked me out. I got it and I've come to the point where I feel in control again. The memory of what happened to me will always be there, but I won't let it ruin my happiness."

"I'm so proud of you," I held her in my arms and kissed her forehead. "I love you more than ever. I only wish I'd known something would happen tonight. I could have worn something better than this," I pointed at my old t-shirt and boxers.

"You look just fine," she said after taking a step back to look at me.

I closed the distance to cup her face and kissed her while enjoying the lovely scent coming from her body. Her hands went up my t-shirt and caressed my back. I've waited for her and had no intention of rushing through it.

"You make me so happy," I said against her lips.

Erin held my hand and pulled me softly towards the bed. I took my t-shirt off and joined her on the comfortable bed with the prettiest iron headboard. Once under the covers, I took my sweet time enjoying her mouth. She then changed positions and straddled me, something she didn't know drives me crazy with lust. Since she went through the effort of buying something sensual to wear, I caressed the soft fabric over her body to let her know that I appreciated the detail. It was when my hands ended at her breasts that the situation in my boxers couldn't get more obvious.