Announcement [chapter 1]

update schedule: daily

"Hurry up, y/n!" your younger sibling groaned, grabbing onto the bottom of your shirt and dragging you with them to the dining room. Dinner had just been prepared and finished, and your younger sibling had been with you in the library all day.

It was a no brainer that they were hungry.

"Slow down! We're going to trip if you don't!" you scolded, almost falling down the flight of stairs you were currently being forced down.

"But I haven't eaten since breakfast," they replied, not once slowing down their quick pace. "I'm starving."

"You could've left the library to eat if you wanted to. That was your choice, and I wasn't going to stop you," you replied, the huge doors to the dining room coming into view after you rounded a corner. "And you're not starving. You're just hungry."

"Didn't want my sister to be lonely now did I?" your younger sibling asked with a cheeky grin, picking up their pace a bit so they would arrive at the dining with you sooner. They completely ignore the whole starving bit.

You chuckled, helping them by picking up your own pace so your "starving" sibling could get food sooner. With arriving at the doors, you let out a small sigh. Though you were hungry, you weren't quite looking forward to seeing your dad.

Yeah yeah, you had daddy issues. But there was a good reason behind it! I mean, he was the one who caused you to loose your mother after all...

You closed your eyes before pushing open the door, putting out a fake smile that would help you last through dinner. You walked over to the middle of the room where a long table stretched out. At it were 3 chairs. One sat at the head of the table and the other two sat on either side, directly across from one another. There was another one that used to sit beside your own chair, but it had been removed.

I'm sure you can probably figure out who sits at the head. That left you and your younger sibling to sit across from each other. The person who helped conceive you hadn't yet arrived, meaning you and your younger sibling were allowed to goof around with the maids for a little while.

"Hello sir Nikos, lady y/n," one of your favorite maids greeted, her normal work attire on as she pulled out your chair.

Across the way you saw your other favorite maid pull out Nikos, your younger brother's, chair.

"Don't tell dad, but I accidentally ripped a page out of one of the books in the library," Nikos said with a cheeky grin, holding a finger to his lips as he winked at the maid who pulled out his chair.

"You have my word, I shall not tell the master," Emily, the one pulling out Nikos chair, informed him, placing a hand over her heart. "What book did you steal from?"

"His favorite one," Nikos wiggled eyebrows, making Emily laugh; a heartily one at that.

There was a little chatter between you, Nikos, Emily, and Mealonie, which happened to be the name of your other favorite maid. The cook had come out with your food and set the table. He shared a small interaction with you and Nikos, along with the other two maids, before disappearing back into the kitchen.

"As much as I love talking with the two of you, I must ask you to go ahead and leave so you don't get yelled at by father," you gave the two a polite smile, using your manners in case your dad happened to be close enough to hear you. You wouldn't hear the end of it if he caught you slacking.

"Yes my lady," Emily bowed, Mealonie doing the same before the both of them exited the dining room.

And barely a minute later, your father's foot steps could be heard down the hallway by you and Nikos. Your posture straightened, and your facial features contorted into more serious and mature ones.

The door behind your father's chair opened, revealing the man to be in his dinner attire. You were lucky you and Nikos had gotten changed in the library earlier that day before going down stairs.

Otherwise, you would have been scolded and your father would have nagged you about not wearing some stupid clothes to dinner. It wasn't like there were people who you cared enough to look decent for were there.

But you didn't want to have to waste your time listening to your father's long scoldings over the smallest thing, so you just chose to follow his many rules.

"Hello father," Nikos greeted, his tone monotoned. He had also been taught not to go against any of your father's rules, well when your dad was around that is.

"Nikos, y/n," he greeted, watching a butler scramble to pull out his chair. He sat down and glared at the butler, nonverbally telling him he was being a nuisance. The poor man, who was just trying to do his job, squeaked before stumbling to leave the room.

"You may begin eating," your father informed you, seeing the two of you had been waiting for the go ahead.

You reached for the correct utensil and began cutting up your food so it was easier to eat. Nikos did the same, though he truly didn't feel the need to cut up his food. Still, it was one of the rules your dad forced you to follow.

There was a tense silence, though that had become normal when the three of you were in the same room. You and your brother had become too afraid to speak up in his presence. And though you much preferred a quiet meal, your father had other plans.

"I assume you have taken your violin and piano classes already. I also assume you've finished with your studies for today as well as combat training," your father started to speak, earning an unnoticeable eye roll from Nikos.

"Yes father, we have done all those things. Just like you always expect," you replied, slowly picking away at your food.

The rest of the meal was silent, you and Nikos not uttering a single word without permission and continuing to eat your food. And you sincerely thought that was going to be the last interaction you were going to be forced to have with your father, but of course you had to be proven wrong.

Typically, you would just be annoyed when your dad talked, regardless of the news he wished to deliver. This time however, was very different. The only emotion you could feel was anger.

"Also, y/n, you're going to be moving in with the Todorokis."

Nikos froze, wanting to speak against what he said but also not wanting to get yelled at. He looked up at you with worried and pleading eyes, his once neutral face turning into a frown.

You, on the other hand, spoke up straight away, "Hell no. They are literally our rival fucking kingdom. Why the hell would I do something like that."

"One, do not talk to me that way or there will be consequences. Two, we have come up with a truce, Enji and I," your father spoke firmly, sending a harsh look your way after you let the curse words out.

"And why would that involve my sister moving away?" Nikkos asked, trying his hardest not to lash out in anger.

"Y/n and prince Shoto will be getting married within the next year. Their marriage will serve as a peace treaty between our two kingdoms," your dad informed your little brother who looked absolutely crushed.

He didn't want to be left alone in the castle.

"Why don't I get a say in this?!" you asked, banging your fists on the table out of anger.

"Because it's final. You'll be leaving tomorrow. Pack your bags after dinner."

Nikos eyes started to water, the poor boy experiencing too much emotions at once. He looked scared almost, staring at you brokenheartedly. He let out a small sigh, bringing his hands up to his eyes to wipe away his tears.

"This is why mom never loved you," you whispered under your breath, horrible thoughts coming to your mind as you pictured the person you called your father being killed in many different ways. "Stupid bitch."

"What was that?"

"I said: This is why I love you, and I have an itch," you lied, biting your tongue to not add on anything you were keeping stored in your mind.