First Meeting [chapter 14]

"Alright class, settle down," a tired voice sounded from the other side of the door. "I have a small announcement to make. And Bakugo, take your feet off the desk. Right now."

"Tch," you heard someone click their tongue.

You currently stood on the other side of the door, Todoroki standing right by your side. Natsuo and Fuyumi had departed from the two of you and were at their own classes once it hit the right time. Shoto let out a sigh, wanting nothing more than to be sitting down in his own desk.

"Where's Todoroki?" a loud voice asked.

"He'll be coming soon," the tired voice— that now that you think about it sounded more monotoned than it did tired, answered. "As for my announcement, we will be having a new student joining us. So that can explain the extra desk."

"Really?"

"Who is it, and are they a noble?"

"What family do they come from?"

"They are of royal blood. The l/n family, if that rings any bells for anyone," the one voice further explained.

"Another royal?!"

"That's so cool!"

"Aren't they part of our rivaling kingdom?"

Once your family name was announced, there were mixed reactions about your attendance at this school. This made you let out a gulp, your throat suddenly feeling scratchy.

"Stop being nervous," Shoto looked at you out of the side of his eyes, noting your sudden anxious state, "It's not like you're a decent person even when you try. So don't."

"You're a real prick, you know that?" you hissed, turning your head and glaring at your the person you were arranged to marry within a year. And at your words, he simply rolled his eyes. "Why are you so mean to me?"

"You have the nerve," Shoto turned to you as well, narrowing his eyes. You pouted a bit before turning away from him.

"Shut up, stupid head," you grumbled.

"You may come in now!" the voice called out to you.

Shoto opened the door, gesturing for you to go in first. You desperately shook your head no, but still went inside first when you saw his eye twitch. Shoto followed after you closing the door before both of you bowed.

"Excuse my tardiness," Shoto said politely before winding his way through the desks and finding his own. "Don't be shy now. Introduce yourself."

You looked down to the floor before looking up, scanning through the class and looking at everyone's faces. All of the others— besides Shoto— were staring back at you. It made you freeze up a bit, but you quickly got over it by pretending everyone was just Nikos, Emily, or Mealonie.

"I'm y/n l/n of the l/n family. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintances," you spoke formally, posture almost perfect while a look of innocence displayed on your face. You started really getting nervous when you didn't receive any feedback and everyone just stared at you.

You let out a nervous laugh, offering the kindest smile you could.

"What is she doing here again? Shouldn't she be at her own kingdom?" a blonde with spiky hair asked, hands tucked behind his face with a scowl present.

"Uhh..." you looked to Shoto, nonverbally asking him if you could tell them about your arranged marriage that would take place some time in the future.

The heterochromatic boy caught your gaze, shrugging his shoulders in response. He didn't know the restrictions well himself. And before you were able to decide what you were were going to do, someone else spoke up.

"She will be going here for the rest of years she is in school. There are certain business affairs going on between the two royal families," the teacher, Aizawa as you were told earlier by Shoto, answered the blonde's question.

"Ooo," a pink haired girl leaned on her desk. "What kind of affairs?"

Was he hair naturally pink? If so, that is quite odd.

"None of which concern you," Shoto spoke, making the girl deflate into a pout. When Shoto noticed her change in mood, he was quick to apologize in hopes of not tarnishing the Todoroki image, "Sorry if that was a bit rude."

"Meh, you're fine," the girl waved him off before turning her attention back to you. "I'm Mina Ashido!"

Her enthusiasm startled you a bit, though you tuned to her and smile, "Nice to meet you Ms. Ashido."

"Woah! She is so formal!" a blonde with some sort of dyed black lightning bolt in his hair laughed. "Must be a thing royals do because Todoroki is like that too."

"I was taught to be courtly at all times, so excuse me if I make you feel inferior to myself," you said, cluelessly degrading the whole class.

You saw Shoto's eyes widened as he rapidly shook his head 'no'. He looked panicked, which only caused you to panic, even though you were very confused on what you said wrong. I mean, you had only really ever talked to royals and palace staff, who you already considered friends since they were the only people you really got to be around.

"The fuck did you just say?" the blonde removed his hands from behind his head and slowly started to stand up.

You looked back to Shoto who was mouthing 'apologize'. You quickly bowed down, "I'm sorry for my rudeness." Shoto sent you a thumbs up at the action, letting out a sigh of relief.

He didn't want to get beaten by Fuyumi...

"So we have another problem child?" Aizawa yawned, "What kind of issues do you have? Mommy issues, daddy issues, anger issues?"

"Um," you looked back at Shoto who seemed to shrug, having no clue if you had to answer or not, "Is that an appropriate question for me to answer?"

"Do it now and we won't interrogate you in the future," Mina wiggled her eyebrows.

"Daddy issues," you answered, "Pretty bad ones too."

"Sis, my dad left when I was a child," a green haired male with freckles, one that sat behind the spiky haired blonde, spoke up.

Is he challenging me?

"My mom's dead," you retorted.

"Oh, ditto!" a black haired male with a peculiar smile raised his hand.

"Can I have daddy issues if I don't have a dad?" a red haired male asked.

You heard a bit of shuffling behind you, making you take a quick glance back and see Aizawa taking out a blanket from underneath his desk. He sat down in his chair and wrapped himself up in the cloth.

"You all have until the end of my nap to talk After that, I'll actually begin teaching," Aizawa said before dozing off.

"Kiri, look at Deku. Now ask that question again," a different guy with black hair and dark clothes monotoned.

"Well yeah, but he still kind of knew his dad before. I was adopted and have two moms," the red haired male responded.

"Are we just going to ignore the fact lady l/n and sero's moms are both dead? Yeah? Cool, ok," a girl with short dark hair leaned back in her seat.