Bed Time [chapter 7]

You stood in the throne room, Enji and Rei sitting in their thrones with perfect posture. Rei looked tired and ready to go to bed while Enji looked like he was ready to start training or something even though it was almost 10 at night.

It was still your first night at the palace, and already you had been summoned to stand in front of the king and queen. Though so had the rest of the Todoroki siblings, so you didn't assume you were in troubled just yet.

You all stood in a line in front of Enji and Rei, going in order from oldest to youngest. Touya looked ready to die, beside him Fuyumi looked like she was on the verge of passing out. Then there was Natsuo who looked to be completely out of it, zoning in and out from time to time. Shoto was lazily looking around the room and you stood by him, having no clue what you had been called here for.

"Touya," Enji began speaking, his oldest son's expression not changing one bit, "You didn't do well today. Your posture was horrible and you didn't seem to bother with training. Do better."

"You say that every day," Touya started, lazily waving his hand around, "And every day I let it go in through one ear, and out the other."

Natsuo chuckled at his brother's statement, trying his hardest to make it go unnoticed by Enji. Fuyumi started smiling a bit, but ultimately kept a straight face.

Enji sent a glare Touya's way before turning to Fuyumi, "Fuyumi, you did a better job today than you did yesterday, but you still can do better."

She mutely nodded, covering her mouth while letting out a small yawn.

"Natsuo, same thing I said to Touya applies to you," Enji informed the white haired male, earning a nod. However, when Enji was no longer looking at him, Natsuo stuck his middle finger up at him.

This caused Touya and you to chuckle.

"Shoto," Enji said, everyone else starting to pay more attention to see what Enji had to say about his favorite child, "You did a fine job today. I have no other critiques for you."

"Mhm," Todoroki hummed, still not looking at his father at all.

Enji then turned towards you, "And you, y/n, you have much you can do better on. For starters, your posture is horrible. You are rather rude for a princess. And you—"

You cut Enji off, "You know, you'd look a lot more handsome if you'd just shut up."

Touya and Natsuo lost it, cackling like gremlins. Shoto looked at you with slight disbelief before letting out a snicker. Fuyumi chortled, trying to calm herself down. She didn't want to be scolded later on.

"I was a bit opposed to the idea of you forcing the little runt to get married," Natsuo started to say, wiping a tear from his eye, "But now that I've seen the person you have arranged for him to marry, I can't wait for her to officially become part of the family."

"Agreed!" Touya added in his own input.

Rei smiled at her two children, covering her mouth to hid her giggles. She stood up from her throne, excusing herself from the room and heading straight for her own room.

"You are all dismissed," Enji spat, a deadly look being sent your way.

You simply shrugged him off, walking your way to the back of the room where the doors that lead to the hallways, which lead to your room, were located. The others were quick to follow after you. They wanted nothing more than to finally go to bed.

They had been up since 4 in the morning, Enji having had them awoken early for no reason in particular.

"You got spunk kid," Touya spoke up once the doors to the throne room had closed, blocking the Todoroki siblings off from their father, "I like you."

"Hmm," you hummed, looking dead ahead of you and not at anything. You just wanted to go to sleep.

"This is my stop," Fuyumi smiled when you started passing by her room, "Good night everyone!"

"Night," Natsuo waved, Touya humming. Shoto gave his older sister a nod while you just continued to stare ahead of you.

"Do you just not like us or something?" Natsuo asked, noting your silence.

"You're the rival kingdom," you answered.

"Yeah, but it's not like we have to hate each other. That's our fathers' doing," Natsuo replied.

"Well I got separated from my brother, Emily, and Mealonie to be sent here against my will," you retrted, looking up at them for the first time, "I think you'd be pissed too if you were in my situation."

Natsuo stuck his hands up in the air, a grin coming across his face, "Just asking. Didn't mean to make you mad or anything."

"Mhm," you hummed, stopping and turning once you found the doors to your room. Shoto also stopped waving to his brothers who returned the gesture and continued their way to their own rooms.

You opened the door to your room, not bothering to try and hold it open for Shoto. The heterochromatic haired male let out a string of curses under his breath when he accidentally ran into the door. He had assumed you were going to be kind enough to hold the door open for him, but he assumed wrong.

"Who shoved a stick up your ass?" Todoroki hissed, rubbing his forehead where he had been hit by the door.

"My father as well as yours," you answered, opening one of your suitcases and taking out a nightgown.

"Stop being a little rager. If you can't tell, you're making everyone else's mood sour," Shoto scolded, brows furrowed as he started undressing himself right in front of you.

"Dude, I'm still in the room," you covered your eyes turning your back to him and walking to the bathroom.

"I just took my shirt off. It's not like I'm completely nude," Shoto retorted before you closed the door to the bathroom.

You started to get undressed, throwing on your nightgown before exiting the bathroom. When you did, you could see Shoto chilling on the bed. He had a book in his hands, reading through it.

He took a quick glance up at you, looking you up and down before averting his attention back to his book.

"Get up," you said to him, "You can sleep on the floor."

"Excuse me?" he asked, closing his book and setting it on the nightstand beside him.

"Was that too hard to comprehend?" you pouted, using a baby voice to piss off the male in front of you.

"No. I'm just not sleeping on the floor," he scowled.

"Well one of us has to. I'm not going to share a bed with you," you glared at him.

"I don't want to share with you either, but I sure as hell will not be sleeping on the floor for you," Shoto glared back. "Now good night."

He blew out the lantern that was lighting up the room, tucking himself in the bed. You stood still for a moment, thinking of somewhere else you could sleep that wasn't the bed with Shoto nor on the floor.

Your eyes looked around the room, lighting up when they spotted something. You walked over to the bed, yanking a blanket off of it and making your way over to the window seat.

"Bad night, Todoroki," you spat.

"Shut up and got to sleep peasant."

"I am not a peasant! I am a princess jerk wad."