First Conversation [chapter 5]

After watching Fuyumi walk off down the long and tall halls of the castle, you turned around to look inside your room.

It was just as big— no bigger than the room at your old palace. There was a huge bed placed in the middle of a wall, the headboard being pushed against it. The supports for the bed were tall, nearly reaching the ceiling as translucent white curtains sectioned off the bed, providing it with a little extra privacy.

The curtains were pulled to the side by a band which were tied to the bed posts so they wouldn't block the bed. The sheets were a light blue along with gray and white. Many pillows took up space on the bed, and it was set neatly.

On one of the walls there was a window seat, covered with a royal blue cushion and pillows sitting on the cushion. There were gray curtains that were pulled back, allowing light to enter in through the window.

On the same wall, next to the window seat, sat a double glass door that led out to a balcony. The sunlight was also coming through that window, painting the room in many different shades of reds, oranges, and yellows.

On another wall sat a dresser along with an open door that appeared to lead to a closet. On the wall opposite of the closet was a door to the bathroom.

"This place is nice," you gasped, walking inside of the bathroom and seeing a huge vanity and bathtub.

You let a smile creep it's way onto your face, though you quickly wiped it off. You slapped your hands on your cheeks, shaking your head with furrowed brows before deciding to exit the bathroom.

I'm not supposed to like it here. I'm supposed to want to stay with Nikos and Mealonie and Emily.

"I need to get changed," you reminded yourself, looking around the room and eventually spotting your suitcases thrown at the end of the bed. You opened one, being lucky enough to guess the correct one and find the gown you were looking for.

You then swiftly got changed. Putting your hair up, you exited the room. To your surprise, a certain someone was waiting outside the door for you.

He had his eyes closed, arms crossed, and his back propped up against the wall. The lights made him look almost godly as his hair fell slightly into his face. He opened his eyes and turned his head towards you once hearing the sound of the door to your room opening.

"Took you long enough," he stated, uncrossing his arms and pushing himself off the wall. He started walking down the halls towards the dining room, "I'm sure the others are starving."

Ah yes, the youngest Todoroki sibling.

Shoto Todoroki.

Otherwise known as your future husband. He had on his proper attire, a neutral look plastered on his face. It was a bit more calmed down than the angry one he had when he first saw you.

"They weren't starving. They are just hungry. Starving is for the poor people who can't afford food," you corrected him.

"Fine, they're hungry. You done correcting me princess or do I have to look forwards to this for the rest of my life?" Shoto bit, glaring at you from the side of his eyes.

"No, I only correct the stupid. Get a bit smarter and maybe I wouldn't have to tell you the correct terms to use," you retorted, mimicking his glare while continuing to walk down the quiet halls.

"If I were so stupid, then why am I one of the few at the top of my class?" he asked.

You furrowed your brows, taking your eyes away from Todoroki and looking straight ahead of you, "You mean, you actually get to leave the palace at times?"

"Yes? Why wouldn't I be able to?" Shoto asked, confusion obvious in his harsh voice, "That's where I spend at least half of my time. I would never be able to stay in the castle all the time."

"Oh," you mumbled, looking down towards the ground.

So it is normal to leave your castle? I hate my dad. He never let me nor Nikos leave. It was like a prison there.

Shoto noted your sudden change in mood. How quickly you became downcast with him mentioning he was allowed to leave the palace. In his mind, it was a basic right, so it definitely left him confused on why you suddenly changed emotions.

He had majority of his classes outside the castle grounds. Well just about everything except for learning instruments and when he had to train. Other than that, he didn't learn anything from inside the palace. He went to a somewhat "normal" school.

The rest of the walk held an awkward silence, neither one of you bothering to break it.

When you arrived at the doors, Shoto was the one to open them. The rest of the royal family were already in the room, sitting still and quietly waiting for the two of you to arrive.

Touya looked bored, back slouching and elbows placed on the table to further show his boredom. He perked up slightly when he saw you and Shoto step through the door.

The way the chairs were set were almost identical to how they were setup in your old palace. Except there were more, but the ratio as still the same.

At the head sat Enji. To his left side sat Rei, and going down from age order sat Fuyumi and a spot was left open for you. On his right sat Touya, once again going in age order sat Natsuo and a seat was left open for Shoto.

"Glad to see you finally decided to join us," Natsuo mumbled, stomach growling when he said those words.

"Sorry. A certain someone needed to make herself look all pretty for a simple dinner," Shoto apologized, not even bothering to be a gentleman and pull out your chair for you.

Enji coughed, looking directly at Shoto as he did. The male with two hair colors rolled his eyes before walking around the table and pulling out your chair with much force. He wore a hug close eyed smile that was practically oozing with sarcasm.

"Better?" Shoto snapped his head towards his father, letting go of your chair and making his way back over to his own seat. He sat down with a huff, making Natsuo and Touya start to laugh, well more cough into their hands while trying to hide their laughs.

You took a seat in your own chair, closing your eyes and starting to fiddle with your locket to calm yourself down. You let out a small sigh before opening your eyes again and looking around the table, waiting for someone else to begin eating before you started yourself.

Enji did some sort of hand gesture, the others starting to eat after he did such thing. You followed by example, making sure to remember the hand gesture so you would know for the future.

I hope Nikos is alright... I want to go back home.