Reactions [chapter 34]

Things were silent as the two parties stared one another down. Both had heard much about the other, but this was the first time they were to ever meet each other. Things could either go really good of horribly wrong. You were hoping for the former.

"Hi," Fuyumi said slowly, waving her hand in a timid manner. This simple action brought all attention to her. "I'm Fuyumi. The second oldest of the Todoroki kids and the only daughter."

You glanced at her, seeing her curtesy with a semi-nervous expression. You then looked back towards the people you grew up with. Starting with Emily, you checked out their reactions for any negative sort of signs. Emily and Mealonie still held smiles on their face, but when you looked at Nikos...

He was a blushing mess. He was staring at Fuyumi with his mouth agape, staring at her with a weird look. He closed his mouth to swallow before his mouth fell agape once again. He stood as still as a rock.

"I'm Emily," the maid introduced herself, providing a close eyed smile that radiated only positive energy.

You then turned to the Todoroki siblings in search of any negative reactions. You started at Shoto, going down the line seeing all positive reactions. Then you got to Natsuo, who, just like Nikos, was a blushing mess. He had all the same reactions as Nikos, the actions being the exact copy of what your younger brother did.

Oh brother...

"H-hi," Natsuo stuttered over his words, earning him looks from his brothers, "I'm—uh, I'm Natsuo."

Shoto and Touya made eye contact, things connecting in their brains as they slowly started to smirk. Touya turned towards you, seeing you shake your head and roll your eyes. Shoto let out a silent evil laugh, turning away from Fuyumi so she didn't suspect him of anything.

"My n-name is Nikos," your younger brother was still staring at Fuyumi who gave him a kind smile as an acknowledgment to his statement.

Touya noticed his staring, making the black haired male furrow his brows. He snapped his fingers, bringing Nikos's attention to him. When the boy was looking at him, Touya sent a glare, shaking his head no.

"Touya. Oldest Todoroki kid," the male looked Nikos dead in the eye while saying that, looking him up and down real quick before stuffing his hands in his pockets and looking away towards some guards.

You noticed this behavior, thinking it was cute how easily Touya got protective over Fuyumi. You had noticed he'd do it with you sometimes as well, but it wasn't as often since you weren't really found in situations he needed to get protective over you of. There was also the fact that Shoto was almost always by your side, so you didn't really need his protection with your fiancé there.

"I'm Shoto," he gave a small nod, his face being pretty much blank.

Nikos's nose scrunched up. He rolled up the sleeves to his close, taking a step towards Shoto, "So you're the son of a bitch I need to kill."

Mealonie didn't even flinch, quickly launching into action before someone ended up hurt. Her arm wrapped around Nikos's waist, pulling him back with a small sigh of annoyance.

"Can we not fight the in-laws?" Emily asked, shaking her head out of disappointment.

"Sorry Emily," Nikos apologized, letting out a small squeak when Mealonie's grasp on him got tighter, "And you too, Mealonie."

Touya seemed bored, so with his usual self and acting on impulse, he started to walk forwards. He went down the stairs towards you who was standing next to Mealonie and Nikos. Touya would skip a few steps, walking with complete nonchalance until he reached you. When he did, his arm was thrown around your shoulder. He flashed everyone on of his fake yet charming smiles.

"I'm going to be stealing her. We have to tamper with some food before breakfast," Touya announced, "Those laxatives won't plant themselves."

"Oh, I kinda forgot about that," you admitted while clapping your hands together once, "I'll be coming, but I need to do something first."

"Oh yeah? And what's that?" Touya rose a brow, slowly removing his arm from around your shoulders.

You turned towards Nikos who gave you a confused look. Your brows furrowed, lips turned downwards and into a frown.

"Where the fuck did you lead that mother fucking language? Don't open your damn mouth and use those shitty words! Seriously, who the hell did you get them from?!" you scolded him.

Mealonie had a deadpanned expression on her face, "Oh yeah, I really wonder where he picked it up from."

Emily let out a few giggles from what Mealonie said, covering her mouth and turning away. This caused Natsuo to blush more and Nikos to send him a glare.

"Eyes off the maid!" Nikos called out, making Natsuo avert his eyes with an even heavier blush. "Perv."

"Nikos," Emily furrowed her brows, "Stop being so rude. First impressions, remember?"

Nikos simply rolled his eyes before grabbing his bag and skipping up the stairs. He walked up to Fuyumi, a blush painting his cheeks as he tightly clutched the handle of his bag.

"Uh, can you sh-show me where my room is?" he asked, flashing her a charming smile. You had completely forgot how he could do that to get just about anything he wanted, but you couldn't really condemn him considering he picked it up from you.

Fuyumi gave him an adoring smile in return, "Of course I can."

She then proceeded to turn around, gesturing for Nikos to follow her. Your younger brother quickly nodded his head, following behind her with little to no hesitation.

"I don't like that twerp," Touya glared at Nikos's back until he and Fuyumi were out of his sight.

Emily gave a small laugh, rubbing he back of her neck in an awkward manner, "Sorry about him. I'm sure he just has a small crush on somebody a bit older. It's happened to all of us at one point in time, right?"

"No?" you and Shoto chorused, looking hella confused as to what she was saying.

"Normal people," Mealonie spoke up.

You gasped, "I am normal!"

"So normal that you've only ever like book boys?"

You went silent, averting your eyes while pressing your lips into a thin line. Mealonie's smug look was imprinted in your mind.

"Oh shut it," you lightly kicked her in the shin.

Emily let out a small laugh before grabbing her bags. She scanned the upper steps where only Shoto and Natsuo stood, "Uh, Natsuo? Correct me if I said you're name wrong. Anyways, can you please show me to the maids' sleeping quarters?"

"Y-yes," he squeaked, watching as she came up the stairs towards him. He insisted on helping her take up her bags, grabbing them from her hands before she could reject his offer.

Shoto sent Natsuo a sly look, Natsuo flipping him off when Emily wasn't watching before the two of them disappeared inside the castle. You and Mealonie started walking up the stairs first with you holding one of her bags while Touya followed behind the two of you.

"I'll go follow Natsuo and Emily," Mealonie stated.

"Don't get too close," Touya warned, "You'll be third wheeling if you do."

"That's why I said I'll follow them," Mealonie said back, looking at Touya from the side of her eye before slipping through the crack in the castle doors.

"I don't know if I like her or not," Touya commented, narrowing his eyes at the door she just went through, "But she's definitely something."

"That my favorite maid for you."

"I thought Diana was your favorite."

"In this palace, yes. However overall, she's my third favorite."