Dance Party [chapter 19]

"Wait, so your period is synched up with your maid's?" Fuyumi asked you with furrowed brows, "Mealonie was her name, correct?"

"Yeah," you nodded your head, shifting in her bed a bit.

Music was barely audible as it played in the backgrounds, both you and Fuyumi sat in her room and gossiped about the most random of things. You were both still in your night gowns, hair not done in any sort of formal manner. You sat criss-cross on the end right side at the end of her bed while Fuyumi sat with her legs flat across the bed, one on top of the other while she sat in the left side of her bed.

There were snacks displayed all across her bed in the areas neither of you had decided to take up. A bottle of sparkling cider, which looked like wine, both the bottle and the liquid inside of it, sat on the floor next to her bed in a bucket of ice. You both had wine glasses filled to where normal wine should be filled in your hands.

"And how did that happen?" Fuyumi asked.

"She was the one who helped me when I got my first ever period," you answered, "She was literally my second mother."

"Mmm," Fuyumi hummed while slowly nodding her head, taking a long sip from her glass. "My period isn't synched with anyone's, I don't think. My mother helped me with my first period, but I just figured everything else out on my own."

"You didn't want to ask for help?" you asked.

"No. That's like mad embarrassing," she shook her head, grabbing a grape from a bowl, "Plus, she uses only pads. I preferred to try tampons and still use them til this day."

"Ok, that's pretty solid reasoning," you claimed, slowly starting to rock from side to side on the bed.

"Anyways," Fuyumi started, setting her glass down on the dresser beside her, "Have you ever had a crush on anyone?"

You thought for a moment, "Yeah. Book boys."

"No, I meant in real life silly," Fuyumi let out a lighthearted laugh, covering her mouth with her hand as she did so.

"Oh," you mumbled, "Then no."

"Really, why not?" she asked, fixing the glasses that sat on her nose.

"Well I didn't really get a chance to leave the castle often, so I didn't really meet any boys besides the butlers and knights who were way older than me," you answered, "And on top of that, I never really understood the concept of love beyond just family and friends."

"That's," Fuyumi started, "actually kind of sad..."

You shook your head and waved her off, "I'm getting married to Shoto. I'm sure I'll eventually figure it out."

"But you're getting married to him because Enji and your dad arranged it," she answered, "And even then, their only interest was uniting the two kingdoms."

You simply shrugged, trying to find something that would get you off the current topic of conversation. You were slowly starting to get uncomfortable. Luckily for you, the song that was playing caught your ears and made you perk up. You hopped of the bed and set your glass down on the other nightstand that didn't occupy Fuyumi's glass.

You moved to the radio, turning the volume up and smiling when the song hit your ears a bit more clearly. Scratch that, the music was now blasting. You backed away from the radio and started swaying to the rhythm of the music, moving around freely. Fuyumi simply watched, debating in her mind wether or not she should join you.

"Dance with me!" you exclaimed as you happily twirled around the room, pausing momentarily with a giddy laugh as you gestured for the female with glasses to dance with you.

"Dance with me!" your mother exclaimed happily with her hands held out to you.

The two of you stood barefoot in the garden, hidden behind a wall of hedges and shrubs with a song blasting. You could very faintly remember the rhythm, and it was definitely upbeat.

Your mother wore a huge smile, a loose fitting old, beige gown covering her figure and a bandana on her head.

You sat in the grass across from where she was dancing, making a flower crown with a few dandelions you had found. You were small, maybe six or seven, and dressed in an old dress similar to your mother's.

"Ok!" you chirped, carefully setting down your half-finished crown and running up to your mother. You grabbed her hands and the two of you danced. Time felt like it had stopped, you and your mother in your own little world.

It was stupefying, the way you and your mother looked and background around you. Things were perfect.

"Sure thing," Fuyumi got up from her bed and began dancing with you, copying you as you slowly showed her new dance moves.

Although the scenery and situations were completely different, you felt yourself starting to feel the same way you had with your own mother all those years ago. In your own little world. One that had no solutions because there were no problems to be solved.

Deja vu...

There was a knock at the door, one that went unnoticed by you and Fuyumi because of the volume of the music. And so, because he didn't receive an answer, the person barged into the room.

"Hello ladies," Natsuo grinned, "May I join you on this fine evening filled with dancing?"

You giggled before nodding your head. And so he joined you and Fuyumi in dancing.

_____________

"I swear, the next time I see that son of a bitch I will kill him," Touya hissed under his breath, glaring at the halls he was walking down.

"I would like to join you in doing such things," Shoto's eye twitched, a scowl present on his face, "Family bonding. You know?"

"I would gladly let my youngest brother help me with killing our own father," Touya nodded his head.

The two of them had just been informed Enji found the barn they would typically sneak out to get the wagon from. He planned on burning the place down. And even though Shoto, Enji's obvious favorite child, tried to convince his father not to do such a thing, he didn't listen. The barn was going to be burned down in a week tops.

"Constantly taking away my freedom," Shoto hissed, "He can rot in hell! Start playing tennis with fucking satan for all I care!"

Touya was about to add on to what his brother said, but shut his mouth when he heard music playing from down the hall. The older of the two Todorokis stopped walking, furrowing his eyebrows while trying to pinpoint the room in which the music was coming from.

"Do you hear that?" Touya asked, trying to make sure he wasn't still high.

Shoto furrowed his brows, paying closer attention to his hearing senses, "Yeah. Where is it coming from?"

The two of them followed where their ears led them to, eventually stopping in front of the doors that lead to Fuyumi's room. The two looked at each other, sharing the emotion of confusion.

Touya slowly pushed open the door, looking through the crack in the door. Shoto did the same, both of the seeing you, Natsuo, and Fuyumi dancing around the room. They looked back at each other before both shrugging and pushing open the doors to the room.

"Mind if we join?" Touya asked, making you stop dancing and look at him.

You looked between the two Todoroki brothers with a smile before you nodded your head. And that's how you ended up spending three hours dancing with the Todoroki siblings.