Prologue

You were young, probably about five or six, with innocence still being a heavy presence in your life. Your father was gripping onto your arm in neither a harsh nor gentle manner, dragging you down a long, empty corridor.

Well, it wasn't completely empty. There was decorations in it, but it was repetitive so it all seemed boring. The only slight difference were the paintings, but even they had major similarities. All of them were some form of blue flower.

You didn't pay much attention until you were stopped in front of a huge, dark, wooden door.

Your father pushed it open, leading you inside and letting go of your arm as soon as he got in. He nudged you off to the side, motioning for you to go stand in the corner next to some other kid.

He had half red hair and the other half was white. A bandage wrapped over one of his eyes as he stood in the corner with his arms crossed and a glare on his face. He was looking at a huge man with red hair who your father was now shaking hands with.

"Hi," you whispered, waving at the boy and dragging his attention to you, "I'm y/n."

"Shoto," he said to you, his glare momentarily dropping as he looked you up and down. You did the same, taking in the sight of this new person and potential friend.

Before either of you could speak however, your attention were dragged to both of your father's who began talking about some random nonsense. You only caught bits and pieces of it, your brain in its own little world.

"So when my daughter is fifteen and your son is sixteen," your father spoke with furrowed brows, "We'll have them live together for a year before they get married? All of this will bring both our kingdoms together, correct?"

"Yes," the man, who you had learned was Enji, nodded. "She can live with us in that year."

There was a silence as your father appeared to be thinking before he slowly put his hand up for Enji to shake. A small but smug grin spread across his face as he shook hands with Enji.

"Sounds like a great plan..."

At the time, you didn't think that meeting would be important. That whole scenario only stuck with you for about a year before your brain decided to get rid of it and make space for new memories.

Little did you know how huge of a role that one meeting would play in your life.