No [chapter 35]

"Food," Nikos hummed happily, skipping next to you and Shoto who were holding hands. "I haven't eaten in 24 hours. You know, a whole day."

Breakfast was going to be served in the next couple of minutes. The other Todorokis were off doing their own things in their rooms until then, or they had already chosen to go to the dining room. Of course, the only person who would've possibly chose to do that would be Fuyumi. And even then, it was a rare chance.

The adults— or more so those who were over the age of 21– were probably already waiting in the dining room. The two kings were probably talking about some formal crap while Rei sat there and listened because she was either forced to or was trying to be polite.

Reports on your behavior was more than likely coming from Enji and being told to your father. There was no doubt that you would likely be scolded later, but that was a future you problem.

"A full 24 hours?" Shoto gasped—it was a fake one. He had gone much longer without food, however it would be rude to compare the two in Shoto's mind.

Nikos nodded his head, "I know, torture!"

Your younger brother actually liked Shoto once getting to know him just a tiny bit better. He had been explained why you were marrying Shoto (because you and him were closest in age out of all the Todorokis) and how it wasn't his fault. He was also told that you and Shoto were actually engaging with each other romantically, and actually enjoying your time with one another.

Things weren't forced. And Nikos could see that with how Shoto would always be looking at you with loving eyes whenever you spoke.

This caused Nikos to act friendly towards your fiancé.

A small laugh managed to slip through your lips, but it was one of those genuine ones. Like real genuine ones— something that was so rare a white peacock would be jealous. A weird feeling in your gut arose, making you close your eyes in a gentle manner and smile.

"I bet it's so awful being royalty and not eating for a full 24 hours. Your life is just so hard; I'm sure of it," a lighthearted sigh came from you.

Nikos huffed, "I know, I know. I'm very fortunate. Sorry."

Shoto's eyebrows rose while he looked between the two of you. He had remembered the first time you corrected him on something like that, making him admit to how easy his life was. Originally, he thought you were only doing it to him because you were pissed about being sent there at first. And though that was part of the reason, it wasn't the full answer to the equation.

The male was able to come up with the conclusion that you liked for people to realize how well off they are. It kept them humble— down to earth, in a sense. Shoto held much respect for you in general, but he definitely held even more now.

"So how long are you planning on staying?" Shoto asked Nikos.

The younger of the two looked over at him with a look to tell you he was obviously thinking. He then proceeded to flash a quick grin, "I think a month."

Your brows rose, "That's a pleasant surprise."

"Yeah! I get to see how you've been living for the past few months," Nikos stated happily. He was skipping ahead of you and Shoto, but chose to stop and turn around, waiting for the two of you to catch up. He gave a devilish grin, "You're stuck with me again~"

A chuckle. That's what he got from you in return.

"Who ever said I don't like being stuck with you?" you cocked an eyebrow, looking Nikos dead in the eye as you spoke those words.

"Eleven year old you when I shoved you down a flight of stairs," Nikos replied.

Shoto brought a hand up to his mouth as quickly as he could, shielding it from you so you couldn't see him laugh at your misfortune. Even though it had happened years ago, Shoto somehow knew you would get mad at him if he did.

A harsh glare was sent Nikos's way as you forced open the doors to the dining room in which you had set off to. You could hear some talking, all of it dying down as the three of you entered the room.

"Oh, hi," Fuyumi offered a smile, "We all just arrived, so we have only been waiting a few seconds."

When you took a better look around the room, everyone else who was eating there were already ready seated or were about to sit down. Touya was standing up with the back of his hand on his chair while Natsuo was still walking to his, but other than that everyone was seated. Three empty chairs sat there.

Your dad was at one end of the table, sitting directly across from Enji. Everybody else sat in their usual spots, an extra chair placed next to Shoto's for Nikos to sit in.

"Sorry for the— er, short wait?" your brows furrowed and you tilted your head to the side in the slightest bit before letting go of Shoto's hand and taking your seat. You watched as Shoto and Nikos did the same, now all of you only waiting on the food to be served.

"Do you think I can date another castle's staff?" you heard Natsuo whisper to Touya, which wasn't really a whisper considering you and Fuyumi could hear. The other adults were too busy talking about other random things you didn't care much about.

"I don't know. Maybe," Touya shrugged, "The rule is dating none of our castle staff, but other staff... That could be a loophole."

Natsuo nodded his head in agreement, humming happily. He didn't really want to ask his father to confirm his concerns. If he did, Enji would probably say no and lecture him about marrying another princess to keep royalty together. It was stupid in his opinion, so Natsuo chose to follow by example. He was going to do what Touya did and hopefully be able to secretly date someone apart of a castle's staff.

"So sorry for the wait, your majesties," Diana said, walking into the room with a few plates of food on her arms and in her hands. There were a few other people following her, most of which you knew and worked in the kitchen. "There was a bit of a problem."

"Be quicker next time," Enji spoke in a harsh manner.

Touya glared at him, one of those looks that could kill. He then turned to Diana and gave her a soft smile, getting up from his chair and walking over to help her.

"Touya, sit down," Enji hissed.

The eldest son looked him dead in the eyes while taking a plate from his secret girlfriend, "I don't think I will."

"I forbid you from helping her like you're some commoner. Act like royalty because you are royalty," said Enji, "Speaking of royalty, you are to meet your future wife at the end of this week."

Fuyumi, Natsuo, Shoto and you all looked alerted. Diana tried to mask it, but even she seemed shocked, that shock quickly changing into disappointment. Diana pursed her lips together, letting out a small sigh before continuing with her duty of serving breakfast.

"No," Touya flat out rejected it. He followed his girlfriend's example and set a plate down in front of you and one in front of Fuyumi.

Enji's eyes twitched, "What did you say?"

Touya looked him dead in the eyes, "No. I said no."

this is going to be on hold for a while. ik i don't update this as often as i normally would, but i'm dealing with some shit irl rn. sorry. it might take a week or even three.