Domino Effect [chapter 27]

"I want sleep," you groaned as you slammed your head against the desk. Shoto started worrying from beside you, wondering if your head was okay after the way of forcefully made contact with the hard desk.

You and Shoto were amongst the first few people in class. Along with Momo who was silently sitting by and listening. She also looked somewhat worried when you slammed your head on the table, her brows furrowing a bit.

"Um, are you ok?" Momo asked.

"No, I need sleep," you answered, though it came out muffled with your face pressed against the desk.

And that was the truth. You had spent your whole night reading books in the library. Nobody had come to stop you, so you didn't go to sleep. And even when you did feel like you wanted to sleep, you took a small walk around the library to wake yourself back up, you would then resume reading your books.

"So will you stop staying up all night trying to read books?" Shoto asked hopefully, thinking the message he and his siblings were trying to teach you had gotten through to you.

"Oh, no. That'll never stop," you waved him off while sitting back up straight in your chair, making Shoto deflate, "But I did learn that I should drink coffee if I do such a thing."

"That's not what you were supposed to get from that at all," now it was Shoto's turn to bang his head against the desk. He let out a sigh of frustration before bringing his head back up, a small red mark starting to form on his forehead. "I can't tell if you're just stupid, or if you're just deliberately doing it."

You pouted a bit at his remark, "Ouch. No need to be so rude to me."

"Oh hush, I've said worse," Shoto sent you a playful glare, chuckling when you did the same back.

"Y/n, it's not healthy to stay up all night. It can lead to serious issues in the future," Momo scolded.

"Sounds like a future me problem," you shrugged in response.

And for the rest of that time, you zoned out. And you only zoned back in when Shoto tapped your arm after Aizawa had come into the classroom. The teacher looked tired as usual, though he still held proper prosture and seemed very mature.

"Alright, today we'll be doing a project that requires you to be in groups of four. It's a trust fall activity that involves the domino effect," Aizawa explained. "We'll have four people in a line. The first person will fall back and the person behind them will catch them. After that, the person who was doing the catching will fall back into the person behind them. This process will continue until you reach the last person."

You nodded your head, having a pretty good picture in mind on what he was talking about. But there would always be those who didn't quite understand; visual learners.

"Problem children one, two, three, and four," Aizawa called, "Front of the classroom."

And so, you, Bakugo, Midoriya, and Shoto got up and walked to the front of the classroom. You stood with your backs facing the rest of the class, waiting for further instructions before moving.

"Get in a line with Todoroki in the back," Aizawa explained, the four of you doing as told.

You went in front, Izuku behind you, and Bakugo behind him. Of course Shoto was in the very back like Aizawa had asked of him. You stood facing the wall in front of you, your side profiles being the thing your classmates were able to see.

"Now when y/n falls back into Midoriya, he'll do the same and fall back into Bakugo. Then Bakugo will fall back into Todoroki, and after that, Todoroki will help them stand back up straight," Aizawa monotoned, "Understood?"

"Yes sir," Shoto was the first to answer with a nod.

"Hell no!" Izuku shrieked, "The bitch behind me is going to let me fall and bust my head open! I don't trust that hoe."

"Shut the fuck up," Bakugo hissed, "I'm not going to fucking drop you."

Izuku shook his head from side to side in protest with wide eyes, "Nope! You said that exact same thing when were were younger and did trust falls. And guess where I ended up? The hospital with a concussion because you let me fall to the ground."

"You're the reason Izuku has trust issues," you turned around and looked Bakugo dead in the eyes, shaking your head with a look of disappointment.

"That's very low of you Bakugo, very low," Shoto judged him.

"We were fucking kids and you had broken something of mine that day," Bakugo retorted with an eye roll. He just wanted to get the demonstration out of the way so he could sit back down. Being drilled for something he did years ago was not something he had on his to-do list that day.

"Fine, if you don't trust Bakugo then switch places with him. Then you'll be the one catching him," Aizawa sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose as he felt a headache starting to come.

"No way in hell. He's a petty little brat," Bakugo snapped immediately, "He'll drop me and then kick me while I'm on the ground."

"Whaaaaat?" Izuku asked in a high pitched voice, averting his eyes and looking around the room to try and not make eye contact with anyone, "Why would I ever do that? I have never thought of doing such a cruel thing to my bestest friend on the whole planet."

"One, I'm not your best friend. And two, bestest isn't a word," Bakugo huffed.

"It came out of my mouth, didn't it?" Izuku sassed, turning around to face the blonde behind him. He looked him dead in the eyes and continued when he received a nod, "Then it's a word."

"Can we continue with this or are the two of you going take up the whole class time arguing?" Aizawa asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Sorry," Izuku apologized, "But I'm still not going to fall back into Bakugo."

"Y/n, switch spots with Izuku," Aizawa instructed, "Or will that also be a problem?"

"No, no. She's fine," Izuku nodded while switching places with you. With the new order of people, Aizawa was able to continue with his instructions.

"Now, Izuku will fall back whenever he's ready," Aizawa said with a yawn following soon after he finished talking.

"On second thought..." Izuku mumbled, "I think I'm fine with falling on Bakugo.

"Izuku, if you don't do this damn trust fall exercise, I will be shanking you in the ass."

"Bring it baby. I'm a masochist."

"You disgusting fiend."