Beauty Rest [chapter 32]

"Shoto!" you whispered, poking his cheek with a huge smile. You weren't able to contain you excitement no matter how hard you tried. "Wake up."

He groaned, turning away from you and pulling the covers further up so they covered him better. You pouted, but still didn't give up. Instead, you hopped on top of him, shaking him from side to side repeatedly. This time you had emerged victorious.

"What?" he spoke in a raspy voice, eyes squinted while he tried to adjust to the light. "Why are you the one waking me up?"

You gave him a blinding smile, getting off of him and pulling his arm up so he was sitting up straight in bed. His hair was all over the place, as per usual when he first woke up in the morning, and the sleep was still easily able to be seen in his eyes. With the weather being hot, the castle seemed to only due the same, so Shoto was sleeping shirtless for the hotter months.

However, there were absolutely zero complaints coming from you.

"Because Nikos!" you replied, your beaming self jumping up and down in your bed out of pure excitement. "He's coming today!"

Shoto blinked, a small yet tired smile coming onto his face. He brought his arms up, wrapping them around your neck so he pulled you to his body. He then proceeded to fall back into the bed holding tightly onto you so you'd do the same.

You squirmed in his grasp when he didn't let go even after he had fallen on his back with you held to his chest.

"Shoto," you whined, trying your hardest to break free of his grasp.

"It is too early," he mumbled into your shoulder, "They'll come a little later on in the morning. Now please go back to sleep."

You quickly shook your head back and forth, putting your hands up so they were on his chest. You pushed yourself up, hands still placed on his chest while you sent a glare his way. Without even noticing, you had been straddling him. Boy that scene would've been wrong if someone else walked in through the doors...

"No, you can wake up," you corrected him, a frown evident on your face. "...Please?"

Shoto stared up at you through half lidded eyes, brows furrowed in the slightest bit. His lips were lightly parted, "Not yet. Shoto is like a princess, and princesses need beauty rest."

He closed his eyes again, not being able to turn his back to you since you were straddling him. He didn't want to turn and accidentally hurt you somehow. That would be a very embarrassing story to explain.

"It's almost 9 though," you groaned, placing your hands on his cheeks and lightly squishing them together.

Shoto slowly opened his eyes, a dead look in them while he stared up at you. His brows were furrowed in a soft manner while his lips were pressed into a rather thin line. He looked pissed, but at the same time absolutely adorable. Let's not forget he was shirtless and you were straddling him!

His hands came up, placing themselves over your own while he let out a sigh. He tilted his head to the side in the slightest bit.

"You're not going to let me go back to sleep, are you?" he asked, letting out another sigh when you shook your head to tell him no. "Alright."

He slowly sat up, his hands going to the small of your back so he wouldn't accidentally drop you or you wouldn't fall off and get hurt. He provided you with a gentle kiss on the nose, readjusting your position a bit so both of you were a bit more comfortable. He pulled you closer to him, hugging your body with an exhale.

"I love you," he mumbled, his nose pressed into the crook of your neck.

You gave a soft smile you were sure he could feel on his skin, "I love you too."

Shoto pulled back from the hug with an energized smile, looking in your eyes with an expectant look. He seemed to loose all of his previous sleepiness. He closed his eyes as he allowed you to mess with his hair, making him look a little more presentable.

"Does that mean you'll never wake me up again?" he asked with a small smile, humming while lightly rocked the two of you back and forth.

You gave a small giggle, "No promises."

He quickly deflated, his nose scrunching up while he continued to look at you. You stopped with his hair, looking into his dual colored eyes for a moment before wiggling free of his grasp. You got off the bed, stretching your arms above your head and letting out a tiny yawn.

"I'm going to get dressed in the bathroom, and you can get dressed out here," you told the prince, taking a quick glance back at him before disappearing into the closet and pulling out a casual dress along with one of your more comfortable corsets.

Shoto playfully saluted, a serious look coming onto his face, "Ma'am, yes ma'am!"

Coming out of the closet, you looked at Shoto with a deadpanned expression. Clicking your tongue, you narrowed your eyes at him before letting out a small chuckle. You rolled your eyes, walking off to the bathroom without another word.

You closed the door, walking closer to the vanity's mirror after that starting to undress yourself.

The dress you wore was comfortable and casual yet still managed to make you look somewhat elegant. Pulling on the strings, you tightened the corset to a size you liked before doing a small turn to check yourself out on the mirror. Your eyes lit up with glee when you found you both liked the dress and felt comfortable— something that rarely happened when you were to dress formally.

You quickly did your hair, the process being somewhat easy from the way you chose to wear your hair the night prior.

Rushing out of the bathroom, you completely ignored the half naked Shoto who was just finishing putting his pants on. Instead, you went straight for the closet and started rummaging through the many shoes you had to choose from. Just about all of them had been gifted to you by another person, but there was a singular pair of flats you had bought on your own.

They didn't make your feet hurt in the slightest. No matter how long you chose to wear them, so naturally they were the shoes you constantly desired to wear.

"Sir Shoto, Lady y/n," Diana came into your room after softly knocking on the door and being granted access to enter.

Shoto and you both had your attention turned towards the maid who also looked to be dressed neatly. Your head peeked out of the closet while Shoto finished wrestling on his shirt before looking towards her. You could both see she had a delighted smile on her face, meaning she only bore good news.

"The guests have arrived."