Happy [chapter 30]

new update schedule: whenever i have time for it.

"What?" you asked, the fork you were holding dropping down onto the plate in which your hand had been hovering over.

Sitting around the dinner table with the rest of the Todorokis, you found yourself dumbfounded at the news Enji had just chosen to suddenly deliver. There wasn't even any build up to it. In fact, things were mostly silent apart from Touya and Natsuo who were cracking jokes.

Enji looked almost annoyed that he had to repeat himself, "You father, brother and some maids are going to be traveling to this castle tonight. They should arrive tomorrow morning before breakfast."

Fuyumi wore a huge smile, excited to see Nikos as you had spoken very highly of him.

Natsuo wanted to meet Emily. He had found her... interesting, based on the description of her personality that you had given him.

Shoto wanted to meet your father and speak a word or two to him about what he did to your mother.

And Touya? He remained unbothered. As far as he was concerned, Nikos was the only person he really needed to meet. You were like another younger sister to him so by default, Nikos was supposed to be a younger brother to him.

You slowly started to smile, tilting your head down so you were staring down at your food. Smiling in front of Enji was like a death trap, but he couldn't do shit to you considering your father and him had made an agreement. However, that didn't stop him from punishing you such as taking some of the books that you were reading out of the library.

"I'm sure she heard you," Rei spoke in a calm manner, "She just appears to be in shock from the sudden news. Let her process it."

"May I leave without finishing my meal?" you asked Enji, biting your bottom lip to contain your smile. You let out a small cheer on accident when Enji waved you off with a nod, quickly covering your mouth and rushing out of the dining room without even pushing your chair back in.

Shoto wordlessly got up, following behind you almost immediately. Even if he did want to finish his food...

Not a single word was uttered between the two of you as you walked down the mostly empty corridors. I say mostly because the two of you had spotted Diana once. She appeared to be heading in the direction of Touya's room, nothing out of the ordinary.

When arriving at your room, Shoto pulled open the door and held it open. He gestured for you to go in first, only for you to oblige and him to follow in directly after you. He shut the door as silently as possible.

You ran over to the bed, jumping on it and burying your face into the covers. With the covers helping to muffle you, you let out a scream of excitement. You shot back up in the bed, back facing Shoto and the door as you rocked from side to side.

Shoto felt a smile creep onto his face from your reaction. Your emotions seemed to be contagious. He constantly found himself feeling the same way you were whenever you stayed in the same room as him.

"I get to see Nikos!" you finally turned around to face Shoto, letting him see your beaming self, "And judging from the fact Enji mentioned maids, Mealonie and Emily will be coming as well!"

"I'm happy," Shoto spoke, sitting down next to you one the bed.

"Me too!" you squealed, pulling him into an unforeseen hug. "You'll get to meet the people I grew up with! And my dad too I guess..."

The end of your sentence sounded more bitter than it did anything else.

Shoto chuckled, his nose resting in the crook of your neck while his arms securely held you by being wrapped around the small of your back. He rubbed your back a bit, simply enjoying your presence.

"I'm tired," Shoto eventually broke the thick yet comfortable silence that had formed between the two of you.

You let out a yawn at the mention of it, "We need baths and then we have to wait for that stupid daily summoning. Honestly, it's kind of pointless. Literally nobody cares about how good our posture is or if we did something perfectly. Maybe we should start critiquing him, give him a taste of his own medicine."

"That's actually not a bad idea," Shoto said while pulling away from the hug. He planted a kiss on your forehead before getting up from the bed and heading towards the door, "You got take your bath and I'll tell my brothers and sister."

"Ok?" you tilted your head to the side slightly, getting up from the bed and heading towards your dresser.

You didn't even have to look at Shoto to know he left the room, the sound of the door shutting providing you with that information.

You gathered your clothes, heading to the bathroom and dropping them off on the vanity. You grabbed a towel from the linen closet on your bathroom. You were about to call for Diana, only for her to come through the door as you got ready to leave to go find her.

"Shoto already told me you needed your water run for your bath," she gave you a smile as she walked past you towards the huge tub.

You turned around, giving a smile that she didn't see since her back was turned towards you, "Thank you, Diana. I really appreciate it."

"It's my job," Diana turned around momentarily, waving you off with a goofy grin.

You walked over to the vanity, taking your hair out of the braids you had done for them. Massaging your scalp, you let out a small sigh of relief. You walked over so you were near the tub, stripping yourself of your clothes while Diana finished up drawing your water.

"Call me if you need anything," Diana told you, not once looking at you as she left the bathroom, closing the door behind her.

You dipped your toe in the water, checking the temperature before you submerged your whole body in the water. Of course, with Diana being the best maid (apart from Mealonie) she was, she got your water almost to the perfect temperature.

You let out a hum, slipping into the water with a sigh of relief. The water felt good against your body, the warmth undoing any knots that had formed throughout that day.

"Nikos, Emily and Mealonie are coming tomorrow," you said to your self with a huge, stupid smile. You closed your eyes, taking in a deep breath, "I missed them so much."

i was fucking with y'all. this story isn't actually done i just needed an excuse to take a break. also! my update schedule is gonna start getting rocky because i'm moving soon.