Revenge [chapter 31]

"Y/n, come on," Shoto held onto your wrist with some pressure, but not enough for it to hurt or leave any markings. "I'm sure the others are already waiting for us."

After your bath, you had quickly gotten dressed only for Shoto to come rushing into the room as you came out of the bathroom. He provided you with a quick greeting before darting into the bathroom. He took about twenty minutes before coming out with damp hair. Grabbing your wrist, he dragged you out of your room which lead you to where you were now.

"Shoto, calm down. We're not in that big of a hurry," you gave a small smile, jogging a bit to keep up with Shoto's pace.

Shoto turned back to you with a look of innocence, stopping his walk and taking a good minute to look at you. He noticed your breathing had sped up in the slightest bit, your chest rising and falling just a bit faster than it typically would.

"Sorry," he gave you a small smile back, a pale blush covering his cheeks.

Without another word, the two of you started to walk once again. You chose to take the lead, walking at neither a fast nor slow pace. It was right in the middle. And it seemed to be appropriate considering Fuyumi had ended up joining you on your walk to throne room.

"I told you were weren't late," you whispered to him after you had slowed down a bit so you were standing right next to him. You and him looked over to Fuyumi who was silently walking beside the two of you.

Another, much more prominent blush covered his cheeks, "Sorry about that. I was a bit, what's the word? Excited?"

You looked over at him with curious eyes, scanning over his face before shrugging. "I don't know."

The rest of the walk was short and silent. When you had made it to the doors of the throne room, you could see Natsuo and Touya reaching out to open them. They appeared to have just gotten there as well.

"Hey! Wait for us!" Fuyumi called out, waving her hand while picking up her pace so it was at a jog. You and Shoto mimicked her.

Natsuo turned around when he heard her voice, already having the doors held open when he saw the three of you jogging towards him. The white haired male looked at Touya, his older brother already looking back at him. Natsuo made a gesture for Touya to go inside before him, nonverbally saying he would wait for the three of you and hold the door open.

Touya shrugged, going in through the door he held open and letting it close behind him without having any regard for how much noise it would create. He did that a lot because he knew Enji hated it when doors were slammed.

"Thank you," you said to Natsuo as you passed him and went into the throne room, receiving a wordless nod in return.

Shoto, on the other hand, flipped him off when you weren't looking. It wasn't like he had anything to be mad at him about, but flipping the other off was a normal greeting to them. Of course, they only did it when nobody else was looking so they wouldn't get scolded for being mean to each other even though they were just messing around.

Once everyone had lined up, Enji cleared his throat to get the attention of all of you. He was unaware of the plan his children had come up with, so he didn't know that was their cue to start critiquing him like he would do to you.

Starting from oldest to youngest, you went down the line to insult him.

"Enji," Touya spoke with a small smirk on his face when he saw Enji's face contort into a confused one, "Your posture? It was shit. Try standing up straighter, maybe then your whole life would be a bit better. Posture is like so important, right?"

Then it was Fuyumi's turn.

"Enj— father," she corrected herself before she could call him by his first name. "I must say you spent too much time in your office. Maybe try coming out and socializing. Hey! You might even get along with mom for once if you just talk to her!"

Rei wasn't in the throne room that day. She chose to skip out and stay in her room.

"My turn," Natsuo spoke up. "You looked absolutely horrendous today. Did you not get enough sleep? Do you need knew clothes? Maybe try smiling? I don't know, but it was just awful, the way you looked."

You had to bite your tongue to stop yourself from laughing.

Shoto looked Enji dead in the eyes before beginning to speak, "You should try not abusing your kids or wife. It may help with how they view you. There might even be a slim chance that they'll actually like you for once."

He was lying. He convinced himself that he would never like Enji, especially not after the trauma he had planted into his brain.

You didn't even bother to say anything, seeing the small amount of hurt dancing in Enji's eyes from what his biological kids alone said. They had inflicted enough damage, and if needed you would do the same. Let's just say you were saving up your critiques for later.

"Dismissed," Enji waved his hand, getting up from his throne before any of you had left.

You watched with a grin as he disappeared behind the door which sat beyond his throne. It was a shortcut to his own room. Turning towards the Todoroki siblings, you were met with their smiles of pure glee.

"Well I'm headed off to bed," you told them with a yawn, already starting to head towards the doors of the throne room. "This is normally what Fuyumi says, but tonight it's my turn. Make sure you all go to bed at a decent hour. Good night."

With that said, you exited the throne room and headed straight for the one you and Shoto shared. Shoto would've typically followed you, but for the first time ever he was actually wide awake while you were a bit tired. It was weird to. have the roles reversed, but you didn't think about it too much with the sleep being the most prominent thing on your mind.

You fell asleep as soon as your face hit the pillow, not even bothering to try and fight it. You stayed alone in your room for a few hours, only for Shoto to join you later. He was careful with getting in the bed, making sure he didn't move around too much so he didn't wake you up.

His arms wrapped around your waist and his nose was placed in the crook of your neck while he slowly drifted off to sleep.

"Good night," he sleepily muttered to you, knowing full well you couldn't hear him. "Love you."