Midnight Snack [chapter 28]

You sat in the window seat with your legs kicking back and forwards through the air. The cool winds of the night blew the curtains along with your dress, making it go further in front of you since your back was facing the opened window.

You looked at Shoto who was busy learning how to braid hair on one of Fuyumi's old dolls. He had been doing that for the past few hours after you had criticized him on not being able to do it. He looked cute when he was focused. His bangs falling down in front of him, his top row of teeth nibbling at his bottom lip, and his brows were furrowed lightly.

You turned around and closed to window to your room, taking a quick glance at the stars before closing the curtains. You hopped off the seat, making your way over towards the bed Shoto sat on.

"How do you even—?" Shoto cut himself off, "This is impossible."

You let out a small laugh, taking the doll from him and setting it down on his nightstand. You sat down in front of him and planted a kiss on his nose, "You're cute but you know absolutely nothing about girls."

"I know, I'm sorry," Shoto offered a sheepish smile. His arms wrapped around your waist, pulling you closer to him. He provided you with a peck on the lips before resting his forehead on yours, "We should go to bed."

You scrunched up your nose, "Sleep is for the weak."

"Then I guess we're weak," Shoto replied, tightening his grip around your waist and falling back into the mattress. You let out a giggle, trying to break free from the mortal bonds known as Shoto Todoroki.

"Stop! I don't want sleep," you tried to wiggle free from his grasp, "I want food! How about food? Yeah, let's get a snack!"

"I know you're trying to postpone sleep, but we can get a snack since I'm actually hungry," Shoto nodded, helping the two of you sit up and releasing you from his arms. He took a quick glance at the clock on the wall and saw it was almost past midnight, "But after we get food, we go straight to bed."

"Mmmm," you pursed your lips before shrugging and hopping off the bed.

You grabbed the prince's hand, led him out of the room. You were cautious of the guards who were patrolling the hall, knowing there was a curfew that you had exceeded. You hid behind pillars, using shadows to your advantage until you made it to the doors of the kitchen.

Now when you opened the doors, you expected to be met with a dark and silent kitchen. Instead, you were met with all the Todoroki siblings as well as Diana. You and Shoto froze, staring wordlessly at each other.

"Uh, heyyy," you waved, completely forgetting you and Shoto were holding hands until Natsuo started smirking and staring at your intertwined hands. You immediately stopped holding hands, looking towards the ground to avoid eye contact.

"Holding hands? I didn't know you guys did those sort of things," Natsuo teased, walking around the counter and making his way towards the two of you.

"Shut up," Shoto kicked him in the shin once he was in range of his foot.

"What are all of you doing here?" you asked the other three people who were leaning on the counter. Touya had an arm around Diana's waist and Fuyumi stood a little ways away from them with a jar of peanut butter in her hands.

Fuyumi had her glasses on and her hair pulled back in a low ponytail. There was a small red blob on her cheek, which concerned you just a bit. The options for what could potentially be on Fuyumi's face ranged from pasta sauce to blood to red icing of some sorts.

"Well I got hungry a bit earlier. When I snuck out, I accidentally met with Natsuo," Fuyumi answered, "And when we got here, Diana and Touya were already here and they seemed to have just gotten here since they were still turning on lights."

You hummed, nodding to what she said while hopping up on the counter. There were a few different kinds of foods spread across the counter, all of which made sense separately but definitely not paired together. You furrowed your brows a bit at the choices, looking at Fuyumi with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, we're just experimenting with food at this point," she answered, knowing what you were asking from the questioning look you sent her way.

"I just wanted some fruit when I first came down here," Diana piped up, "But then Touya and Natsuo started pulling out a bunch of different things, and now we're here."

You looked at Touya who simply shrugged. You rolled your eyes before heading to the fridge and opening the doors by the handles. Your eyes scanned through it for a bit before they eventually landed on a can of whipped cream. You grabbed said can, shutting the refrigerator with your foot and heading back to the counter.

"Wanna try something?" Natsuo asked you, holding up a cracker with some sort of mixed condiments spread on top of it.

You grimaced at the sight of it, almost throwing up when the smell hit your nose. Tears started welling up in your eyes; that's how bad it was. You swallowed thickly before shaking your head and talking in a squeaky sort of voice, "No. No, thank you."

Fuyumi started laughing, biting her tongue to stop herself, but the face you made when you smelt the horrible spread on the cracker was really funny to her. She let out a cough, covering her mouth with her hand, "Sorry."

"Shoto~" Natsuo walked over to him with the cracker, choosing to leave you alone with your can of whipped cream.

You shrugged, sliding back on top of the counter and taking the top off the can. You brought it up to your mouth, giving it a small shake before making some whipped cream come out of it.

"Do you really need sugar before you go to bed?" Touya asked with a raised brow, watching as you swallowed the sugary substance.

"Probably not, but I don't need sleep," you waved him off, "What I need is Shoto to leave me alone so I can go to the library."

"That's not happening!" Shoto called out form halfway across the room, dodging Natsuo once again as he tried to shove the disgusting cracker into his mouth, "And get this man off me! He's trying to give me food poisoning."

"Dabi," you turned towards the male who rolled his eyes before letting go of Diana and making his way over to his brothers. "Thank ya, mista!"

"Touya, try this!"

"That's disgusting! No— get that shit away from me!"