Chapter 15- The movies.

Ada had been so excited that she had not shut up since we left for the movies. According to her the movies were her favourite thing to do but to me it was a waste of time. All you do is sit there and watch a black and white picture play but I had nothing better to do.
Once we arrived Ada gave the man our tickets and then ran off to buy popcorn. As I watch her I couldn't help but smile at her. She was enjoying the little things in life that I wish to enjoy. When Ada returned she had a oversized box of popcorn that could feed about ten children but I don't question it after all she is eating for two.
The film so far has been excruciatingly boring and I probably could have fell asleep about seven times if it weren't for Ada. She would let out gasps or squeals and at one point she was shouting at the screen which was amusing. Unfortunately, Ada got shushed by various annoyed people which was also entertaining until they realised who it was and fearfully slumped back into their seats.
A scandal had just accrued in the movie but was quickly ruined by none other than Thomas Shelby. A furious Thomas Shelby to be more specific. He slams open the door and walks with such power and force that I myself start to fear him. Ada spots him and lets out an annoyed huff before facing the movie screen again. He casually makes his way towards us and takes a seat next to Ada.
"Tell me the mans name Ada!"
I gulp and watch as Ada tries her best to ignore the man beside her.
"Rudolf Valentino."
I snicker at this which makes Tommy more angry. We sit there for another few seconds before he gets up and storms out. Me and Ada look around to make sure he's really gone but get interrupted by the movie turning off and the lights turning back on. Then in he storms again.
"Get out! All of you. Now!"
Once everyone else had scrambled out he stands at the side of us, his eyes piercing through our skulls. I let out a sigh while Ada carries on looking forwards.
"I said tell me his fucking name!"
Me and Ada share a look before she sighs and turns to him. They both glare at each other before she rolls her eyes.
"Freddie fucking Thorne!"
He stands there shocked. His mouth hanging open and his eyes holding disbelief.
"Yeah! Your best mate since school. The man who saved your life in France! So go on, go and cut him. Cut him up and chuck him in the cut."
Having heard enough Thomas storms out of the theatre in complete shock and disbelief. Ada and I share a look before she gets up and turns around.
"Oi! I'm a Shelby too you know. Put my fucking film back on!"
She then angrily slumps back into her seat as the film starts to play again and the lights turn off. I can tell she wanted to cry but was too stubborn. And then we carry on watching the shit movie until the end.
"Do you want to stay at mine tonight Ada?"
"Please. I don't think I can deal with him again tonight."
"Alright, come on then."
The rest of the night was spent catching up. I told Ada all about Thomas and Grace and how I felt to which she tried to reassure me that it was probably nothing. Ada told me all about her and Freddie to which I gave her advice about certain things. But what do I know about relationships. Then we spoke about how the baby was getting on and how her family are coping with the news. Not very well apparently. And after that we went to bed, exhausted from the events that have occurred today.