Chapter 28- The hard explanation

"You fucking what?"
Polly starts pacing angrily before her head snaps up and stares down Tommy.
Turns out Polly didn't like the idea of Finn getting blown up, who would have thought? And unfortunately it isn't going as smoothly as it could of because Tommy didn't tell her gradually.
"Pol, Finn is fine and I have a plan for the Lees."
"Oh yeah, what is the great Thomas Shelby's plan, hmm?"
Expectantly, me and Polly watch Tommy but I already know that he will not tell anyone until the time is right. That's Tommy for you though.
"You will find out when the time is right."
"Oh yeah and when will that be, aye? Thomas Shelby only gives a shit about making plans. For fucks sake Tommy, Finn almost got blown up!"
"You think I don't know that?"
They stare at each other for what feels like century's and for some reason I find myself lost in thoughts of situations like this one. Like I am somehow always there, just witnessing the tensions and arguments. But I get snapped out of my thoughts when I hear my name mentioned.
"Sorry, what?"
They both sigh in what I presume is frustration before turning to me. I feel heat rising to my cheeks from embarrassment but that's the least of my problems.
"Sophie-"
Polly let's out a growl before cutting Tommy off which makes him slam his hands down on the table.
"You and Tommy think you can rule the fucking world and not care about your families!"
"Woah! Hang on a second Polly, what have I done?"
Polly gives me the same glares as the ones she gives Tommy and then goes to speak but John bursts in with a tooth pick hanging from his mouth.
"Alright Soph? Tom? Pol?"
He nods his head at each of us but nobody answers him as we all continue to stare at each other in anger. But Polly then sighs and walks round to me.
"Sorry Sophie. You have no fault in this. I'm just a bit you know because of the situation."
I nod my head and avoid her eyes because I'm still a bit hurt and upset that she randomly snapped at me. She tries to get me to accept her apology but I just glance at the boys before grabbing my coat and leaving.
Today has been very busy and if all honesty I'm a little shaken up by it all. I mean Finn could have almost died as well as me and Tommy. And anyone else really.
As I walk through the hallway to the door I can hear Tommy yelling at Polly.
"Seriously Polly? Sophie did nothing wrong and now look what you caused. For fuck sake."
I don't stop to listen anymore but I hear Polly apologising as I walk out of the door.
Loud stomps follow me down the street and I can already tell before seeing that it's Tommy who's followed me so I quickly stop. Tommy's body collides with mine and send us plummeting to the hard cobble stone ground.
"Fuck!"
I feel Tommy's body on top of mine and unfortunately I start to blush which to my dismay causes him to smirk.
"Oh what a tragic incident."
I scoff at him and his stupid sarcastic comment whilst rolling my eyes. I know for a fact that he is loving this.
"Thomas, people are watching."
It was his turn to scoff and roll his eyes which makes me giggle a little before giving him a quick kiss on his lips.
"Then let them."
I smile at him before kissing him again. He deepens the kiss and slides his tongue in my mouth to fight mine.
Pulling away we both pant before he slowly gets up and checks over himself. Then like a true gentleman he grabs my hand and pulls me up. As he does I grin at him which makes him smile for once. He has such a pure, gorgeous smile that makes him actually look happy but he rarely shows it. He then checks over me and luckily we both only had a few scrapes on our elbows and knees.
"Tommy."
He hums in response, too busy looking into my eyes to actually talk.
"I need to go to the garrison for my shift."
He snaps out of his trance or whatever he was in and nods in response. His ocean blue eyes still not leaving mine.
"I'll walk you."
Before I could respond he grabs my hand and starts to walk the way to the garrison. In the background the sun starts to set which makes a coral colour in the sky and people loom behind us, watching without us knowing.