Chapter 21- Ada Thorne

Shoulder by shoulder we walk down the streets of small Heath without saying a word. It was nice and somewhat peaceful or as peaceful as it can get. But I was confused as to why Tommy needed me to come with him.
"Tommy, where are we going?"
"Home. Pol says there's something important she needs to tell me."
"Why am I coming then?"
He looks at me with a small smirk while he shakes his head and lights a cigarette. Taking a drag, he grabs my hand with his free hand and intwines our fingers. I watch as our hands fit perfectly together and give him a big smile.
Arriving at the house in Watery lane we walk in and to the kitchen where Polly is. She is holding a glass of what I presume is whiskey and a half smoked cigarette as we drop our hands and walk in.
"Are you armed?"
Tommy takes his hat off and stuffs it in his pocket before putting out his cigarette on the ash tray. Slowly, he turns to Pol who is looking off to the side and breaths out a sigh.
"No."
"Then I'll tell you both. Ada and Freddie Thorne were married today. They defied your orders, they haven't left the city."
Tommy lights another cigarette and takes a long drag out of it before passing it to me. I take a drag of it before giving it back to Tommy and harshly blow it out. I look at Tommy who began pacing around the room while moving his hair out of his eyes. Out of no where he let out a sigh and used the chair to support him. Seeing him, Polly moved forwards and made known that she would deal with it.
"Tommy, is it really such a bad thing?"
His head snapped up but Polly quickly interjected and I decided to take a step back. Right now Tommy looked like a ticking bomb so I'm going to stay quiet.
"Thomas. I'll deal with it."
He lifted his head and looked Polly straight in the eyes who stared right back.
"Where are they?"
"Freddie's comrades have safe houses. Why do you want to know?"
"I want to send them flowers. Why do you think?"
He glared at Polly but it didn't affect her. I walked over to him and put my hand on his shoulder so that he knew that I was there for him.
"Would it be so bad if they stayed?"
I could feel him tense up so I remove my hand and step back, knowing that this isn't going to go well. A second later he pushed himself upright and then gave another glare full of frustration/ anger.
"I promised I'd run Freddie out of town."
Polly stubbed her cigarette out and came eye level with him. I continue to watch them confused as to what was the point of me being there and who they were talking about.
"Promised who?"
They turned to look at me and then they both looked at the doors to the betting den which were open. A man was sitting there doing paper work and having a smoke when I walked over and shut the doors. Then Polly and Thomas stood staring at each other with their usual stone cold glares.
"I told the coppers Freddie wouldn't come back. It was part of the deal."
"What bloody deal? What happened to family votes? What happened to meetings? If you let me and Sophie deal with Ada and Freddie, it'll end in peace."
"Christ knows you have had you're fill of war, Tom."
He glances between us and the rubs his temples while Pol looks at me with a reassuring smile.
"You get Freddie out of town. Or else I'll deal with him myself."
With one last glance at Polly, he grabs my hand and pulls me out of the house. Outside the night has started to set so me and Tommy go to my house.
"I bet Ada's happy."
We take a seat at my table with a glass of whiskey each and a half empty bottle at the side. Judging by Tommy's face he clearly wasn't happy about the news.
"Come on Tommy. They love each other so don't be too hard on them."
"Soph-"
"-for me please Tom."
"Fine!"
I give him a smile then a quick peck on the lips. He gives me a genuine smile then downs his glass of whiskey.
"You want to stay tonight?"
His head snaps up and he takes a cigarette out and lights it then takes a drag. I look over at all his features which I could never get bored of seeing. After he's debated it in his beautiful head, he exhales the smoke while looking me in my eyes.
"Fuck it. Sure."
I smile at him before downing the rest of my whiskey and then filling both the glasses up again. We pick them up and while looking into each other's eyes we down them.
"Let's go to bed."
He nods and then we both get up. I quickly clean up as he leans against the doorframe watching me. Once I'm done we go upstairs and talk for a bit before we spoon.
Happily, we both fall into a deep sleep and finally get a peaceful nights sleep.