80: studio

God. Mental Amber proceeded to complete the Ice Bucket Challenge on herself ten times. She cleared her throat. Time to change the subject before she started to say something nasty.

"Um, listen...Ezra, about this whole thing. I—"

"I get it," Ezra interrupted her quickly.

He sat up straighter, running a hand through his hair. The light wash of sweat kept his hair slicked back just a little to look sexy but not enough to look oily and disgusting.

"You did this for me, so I'm really thankful," he said again and she could hear the sincerity in his voice. "You don't have to worry about the implications and whatnot. I won't say a thing."

He shook his head, his voice strong and steady. "We can just take it as our secret," he flushed, biting his lips nervously. The action was unlike the usually confident guy that she knew. "I swear to God, I won't tell your soulmate."

His last words were sincere, too sincere. His eyes met hers. His gaze was strong and hard as if he dared her to question his intentions, dared her to interject. Though, there was something about his gaze that pleaded to her in ways that she didn't understand.

Amber swallowed, a little disappointed and confused. That was what he was worried about? He must have misread her expression because he stuttered out another reply, shaking his head lightly.

"As I said, I have had sex partners so really, I get it," he repeated again.

Was this just fun and games to him? The twinge of pain that shot through her heart was like a knife that stabbed into her flesh, and twisted over and over again. "Don't worry about it. We were just exploring and shit, no strings attached." Ezra said, lifting his hands in surrender.

Huh.

She gave him a small pained smile. That didn't sound too good. She wanted those strings, wanted them to tie her to him, wanted him to hold her in his arms.

But somehow those words seemed to be incapable of escaping her lips. While her heart urged her to come clean to Ezra, her mind was fearful of admitting the truth. Her mind was afraid of the unpredictable unknown, conjuring a thousand scenarios on how it could go horribly wrong. It urged her to protect herself. Stay safe, it said.

Amber accepted that warning a little reluctantly.

"Okay," she said simply and he gave her another one of his cute grins. The smile hid the flash of emotions behind his eyes that she barely caught sight of. It was like the flicker of a shooting star in the sky. He glanced at the sheets nervously, reaching over to take them from her.

"I'll take these," he stood to take them from her, grabbing the sheets easily with large hands and pulling the vibrator out with the other.

She pursed her lips together, her cheeks reddening as his fingers brushed over the very same bullet that had sent her into ecstasy. Her mind fumbled with her questions. Shit. Did she wipe it clean? This was kind of embarrassing.

He didn't seem to mind, looking unfazed and her traitorous mouth opened again in her daze.

"What do you use it for?"

She was a little confused over why he had a vibrator. She'd always believed that the bullet vibrator was more for girls than guys. She had assumed that the boys in this house would be the kind to be stocked up with artificial vaginas or something.

"What do I use it for?" He raised a brow looking amused, the smirk on his lips a little naughty. He tilted his head to the side, the smirk transforming into a sexy grin. "Pleasure, what else?"