128: The Clock

MinJae's lips trembled at his words. The two were the closest in the team and Sieon's words would always affect MinJae in a different way. "It's just a dream Eonnie", His voice was softer, almost as if he had lost his will to fight back as if his guard and his shields were breaking.

"No it wasn't! I'm sure. I'm sure! My parents had soul dreams! It's exactly as they said when I was a child! It's exactly the same as what my grandparents told me!" Sieon shook his head as he spoke, with more conviction than ever. Sieon held on tightly to anything related to his parents, their memory was what had kept him going in his loss and sadness.

"Sieon! Please!" MinJae snapped his eyes flashing with his anger. They were going to fight if this continued. The two were the best of friends but also the worst of enemies. Oliver exchanged glances with Casper. This wasn't going to go so well.

"Listen, we'll talk about this tomorrow, okay?" Casper soothed, raising his hands. "Let's all sleep on this tonight."

"Is she going to sleep here tonight? Because if she is I'm not fucking coming back!" MinJae growled. He was like an animal pushed to the corner of the cage and he had no choice but to bite at whatever he could. He was being childish and Oliver was angry at him for being like this. "You all are insane, believing her?"

"Minnie..." Hikaru murmured, a soft plea in his voice. Oliver was glad that at least they had gotten Sieon and Hikaru on their side. But not everything could be perfect and it would take a lot more convincing for all of them to come through.

"Tell me. Tell me now. Why are you so sure? Huh? A dream? What about you? She makes your heart warm?" MinJae laughed, his eyes painfully judgemental.

He looked at everyone with eyes of pity and Oliver had never pitied him more. His world now was so dark and so filled with the lack of hope that MinJae could not see the truth before him. He was like a man who had lost all his senses and screamed to go home when in truth he was already at home.

"We're just a bunch of broken men. We'll always be alone just get it in your fucking heads and stop dreaming. STOP DREAMING!" MinJae screamed the last words, panting as he spoke. His words were more for himself than anyone else and Oliver knew that in the tremble of his lips. "Give up already," he sniffled, the beautiful boy biting his lips as he spoke.

The unease that he stirred within the group was clear and Oliver could see that they were all second-guessing themselves. Their minds swirling as self-deprecation, self-loathe and the belief that they weren't worth someone else's love swirled in their heads. Oliver watched Amber feeling worried.

Her voice was small as she spoke, weak like a leaf in the storm. It was tossed and thrashed about by the rain and the wind. "I didn't have to be here. I could have studied at home. I could have stayed but I- I was forced to be here."

She swallowed, glancing down at her feet. She looked up at Ezra. "Something went wrong. The soul suppressants I ate, the soul suppressants MinJae ate. I-I have proof." Her voice perked up as she looked at the youngest in the group. "JieMi."

The guy flinched at her words, his shoulders shifting not enough for the others to notice but Oliver could see it.

"I teleported to Korea and appeared behind him. Behind JieMi. Please, JieMi tell them. Tell them."

"I don't know what you're talking about," he replied stubbornly and Oliver wanted to slap the kid.

JieMi remained defensive because he was proud and Oliver knew he didn't want to admit to all the mistakes he had made in front of everyone. It wasn't exactly old news that he had decided to not find his soulmate in favour for Ha-Eun and if he admitted anything now. It was a blow to his pride.