90: Darkness

It was at times like this that Hikaru questioned his age. Was he 26? Or 6? Why was his father always so protective of himWait a minute...His eyes widened.

"How are you here? What are you doing here?" Hikaru shot back with his own questions. He gasped, remembering their conversation together. "You said you would only reach Korea in a few days! I was going to pick you up at the airport!"

He gaped at the older man. He couldn't believe him. He really could not believe him. Then his eyes narrowed. "You...You wanted to talk to my members behind my back, didn't you?"

He should have known.

His father looked a little sheepish, he shrugged. "There's a tracker app on your phone. You're hopeless at directions, I was afraid you would get lost in Korea so I installed it." Hikaru blinked.

He glanced down to his phone swiping through the hundreds of apps before finding one that seemed more unfamiliar. Damn it. He shot his father a glare as he quickly deleted the app.

So if he went to a brothel or a love hotel his dad would know? Hikaru shook his head, grimacing at the thought. Not that he would go to one anytime soon. But this was an infringement of his privacy!

"I'm fine! I can use my GPS! And my manager knows that I'm here!" Hikaru snapped. Then he frowned, thinking back to his father's words. "Why did you want to meet my best friends?" He asked again, his brows furrowing together. Not to forget meeting them in secret while lying to him.

Hikaru's frown deepened. He didn't want them to be bothered by his problems. Didn't want Minjae, with his broken heart and wrecked body and sadness to have to talk to his father about marriage. Didn't want his friends to have to confront inner demons with talks of a lover or a soulmate.

Those were taboo words in IDOL. They did not mention them unless they needed to.

His father chuckled nervously. "Just wanted to ask them about your wellbeing is all and to convince them to get you to start datin—" His father stopped mid-speech, his eyes drifting to something behind Hikaru.

"Hello," his angel's voice trailed from behind him in his language and Hikaru froze, his heart thundering harder within his chest at the sound. He almost forgot about her.

His mind had been such a mess in her presence that having an excuse to switch his thoughts to something else had consumed him. He watched as his father bowed back to her looking embarrassed. He glanced up at Hikaru.

"Who is this?" His father asked softly, his eyes round with his shock.

Hikaru knew what he saw. A girl. Young, exotic, sweet. Beautiful, his mind supplied. Exquisite, it said. Ethereal, it completed. Hikaru could see her stepping forward from the corner of his eyes. Her fingers moved to touch his palm.

The feeling that coursed through him was immediate.

The world drowned out and all he could feel was her skin on his. The rush of warmth was nothing like he had ever experienced before.

It felt like a gush of floodwater from a broken dam...like the raging seas, a storm surge from a cyclone...like the brush of the vibrating sound over his skin at a concert, loud and all-consuming. It thrummed with the beat of his heart.

It was a jolt of heat that poured deep into his chest and swelled. It filled a part of him he had forgotten was cold. A part of him that had hurt for so long that he no longer cried from the pain. A part of him that had been torn out of his chest, a gaping hole that he had forgotten was there.