132: Soul Bond Dictionary

1) Soulmates

Soul: The spiritual, inner essence of a human being.

Legend speaks of a time when human souls were whole and people were free to choose their partners. However, in their completion, humans became selfish and evil as many took love for granted.

Women were sold as brides, girls were killed because they could not pass on the family name, people were cheated on by disloyal lovers and rape was rampant on Earth. Fate became angry at humans. As punishment, she decided to split their souls. They would forever feel partially empty until they learned to properly love another.

Soulmates: People who share a single soul. These matches are 100% genetically compatible with one another. They are biologically and spiritually structured to be perfect for one another.

The first wave of soulmates were angry at the new predicament of split souls. Many refused to cooperate, pledging to continue in their path of personal choice. However, they soon found themselves unhappy with their chosen lovers and never quite complete.

Nevertheless, some continue to reject their soulmates due to personal prejudices or circumstances. Studies show a significantly lower average life expectancy, greater chances of depression, weaker immune systems and a drastic fall in fertility rates for these people. This is the curse of Fate.

Soul Yearning: When a soulmate feels the need to be close to their soulmate.

For those extremely sensitive to the bond, they describe it as a pulling within the chest or a trickle of warmth much like a soul melt soul bond. The most obvious sign of soul yearning is a strong sexual attraction to your soulmate. However, the level of sensitivity depends on the individual and how much time they have spent with their significant other.

Usually, older soulmates are reported to experience more soul yearning than their younger counterparts. Scientists attribute this to a longer time spent on Earth without the presence of their soulmate. Other factors also come into play such as the consumption of soul suppressing drugs or the exposure to a well-bonded family unit as a child.

2) Soul Bonds

Soul bonds: The bond that leads soulmates to one another. Usually manifests on one's twentieth birthday. May appear as a mark, a change in environment or a transference.

70% of the population find out that they do have a soulmate on their twentieth birthday making the occasion a day of celebration. 20% find out within six months after their day of birth. For the older soulmates, more often than not a mark or a bond will appear to briefly show them their younger soulmates by the night of the sixth month. After that period of time, there is a high chance that the person is part of the Lonely. However, the longest a soulmate has ever waited is fifteen years.

Reverse Harem soulmates: Typically seen as a single female soulmate bonded to a group of other male soulmates. The term implies more than that, as all parties within the relationship are bonded to one another to a certain degree.

While one male to multiple females pairings have been seen, one female to multiple males pairings are much more common. Scientists speculate this to be the result of female genocides worldwide. Religious leaders call this 'The Favour and Reward of Fate'. For men had exploited women far more in the past before the time of the 'Soul Split.' Recent cases note that males with close relationships, indicating the underlying bonds, have higher chances of obtaining the same female soulmate.

Gen Z Soulmate Phenomenon: Soulmates will experience more than one soul bond and the new soul bond may remain or it may disappear over time.