100: Where the hell are you?

God. Fuck her pheromones. Fuck. He had swallowed, feeling the skin on his cheeks heat up further. Help him. His body had trembled at the scent, his heart bursting in its cage threatening to escape. His semi-hard cock growing with his need and pushing painfully in his jeans, soaking in the disgusting residue of his slimy precum.

He'd tasted a lot of pussy, sucked some cocks. Ezra was no shitty lover and he had a kink for oral sex. He had partaken in many, many people and he knew exactly how arousal should smell like on a woman.

Salt, seafood, and sometimes a little like blood. But this one...

He almost, almost went fucking crazy when he took another stronger whiff of her scent. That soft natural floral sweetness was strongest here, tangy and fragrant. Too fucking sweet.

How the fuck could she smell so sweet?

Ezra's brows furrowed at the thought. His eyes were trembling as he swallowed thickly. His mind tried to draw back to science. There was no other explanation except that her genetics must be exactly what his body needed. Her heritable immune coverage must be the exact opposite to his.

His body was basically signalling to him that he should be with her. That he should have children with her and create babies that were immune to a greater number of things. His brows furrowed.

Were non-soulmates supposed to be so physically compatible?

No, but that was beside the point. The reason why Ezra was here standing in the cold ass kitchen instead of sleeping in his soft, comfy bed was that he was worried. Worried for the young woman currently bunking in his spare apartment, the woman who was not back even though it was three in the morning. It could be his fault, Ezra didn't know.

He'd been an impolite bastard to her, the kind of guy with a damn stick lodged up his arse. He felt bad about it and at odd hours in the morning, he visited the apartment just to check on her. Not just because he wanted to stare at her face, it was also because he was worried and he worried for her safety.

She was not here tonight and it could be his fault.

He stared at his phone, keying her number into the search bar. The profile photo flashed before him and her adorable smile winked teasingly at him. His mind reacted before he could stop it. Cute, adorable. His fingers brushed against the picture, running across her eyes. Beautiful. He could call her, ask her where she was, but that might just mean waking her up—

His phone buzzed and he jumped, nearly dropping it. Who? He squinted in the darkness, glaring a little in annoyance at the name. He sighed, flicking it open and running his thumb over the screen.

"Ezra?" The guy called out from his phone, his voice loud and ringing in his ears in the silence of his apartment.

"What?" He snapped again feeling pissed, blatantly expressing his anger at the caller.

"You're so rude!" Hikaru clucked his tongue through the receiver. Ezra sighed, dropping back into his seat. He shouldn't. Shouldn't take his anger out on his best friends. No. He needed to keep calm.

This obsession would pass and all Ezra would be left with was the people who loved him. Those people were the people he should keep close to his heart.

Not the woman who drove him and his cock goddamn crazy.

"Sorry bro, was working on something," Ezra replied gruffly, rubbing his nose. "Sorry." He tossed in another word of apology for good measure just to appease the elder. "What do you want?"