45:Door

Her eyes drifted down to the suitcase beside her. It was cold in the airport and somehow the cold ate at her heart, and there was a blizzard roaring deep within her soul.

"Yeah, I could spend my whole life here trying to get them to notice me, but you know me Miri." Amber sighed, shaking her head. "They've got big dreams. I've got big dreams." She drawled, a sad smirk on her lips. "If fate doesn't want us to happen, then so be it." She let the last bit escape her lips in an almost snarl.

Fuck you Fate. Fuck you.

"How can you give up so fast?" Miri glanced at her, alarmed. Amber's lips twitched.

"I have not given up," Amber replied with a soft sigh. She let out a bark of exasperated laughter. "I just have school babe." Amber shook her head and shrugged. "I can't just skip it forever."

Excuses.

A part of Amber just wanted to run away from her problems, run away from the concept of love and just not think about it. The incident with that fan made her realise exactly what she would be signing up for by being with them. She just wanted to rest, curl up with her parents and pretend that she was young and small again.

Another part of Amber, the one that was deep, deep inside, hidden by layers and layers of ice was angry. Angry that she was the one fighting for this instead of her seven soulmates. Seven men that she wished were the ones vying for her attention instead of the other way around.

If they had known about her before she did, she was sure they would be doing everything in their power to get to know her. Power that they had in the form of money, fame and connections. Things that she did not have and could not afford.

She was angry that without a soul bond, there was no way to convince them of her existence. It didn't help that they were famous and had fans that would probably say the same things she would say to try to convince them that she was their soulmate. It was like trying to speak to the gods.

Step 3: Physical touch is extremely important to speed up the process.

Amber knew it would not go well. She'd thought about her big reveal a thousand of times in thousands of ways. Each sounded more stupid than the next.

Hi! I'm your soulmate but I was violated, so I took pills that conveniently muted our soulmate status! Oh and I'm also soulmates to all seven of you. So if you would just hold my hand and let me stick to you 24/7, I'm sure you will see the soul bond one day!

There was no way they would believe her. It hurt that she knew and they didn't. Amber swallowed, inhaling slowly as she tried to will back the tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

Her best bet would be JieMi but getting to him proved to be harder than expected. With JieMi, she could just say 'Hey, remember when we had a body exchange? You were in my body and I was in yours? My BFF was slapping your face? Do you remember your Mom being beside you?'

That sounded a little awkward and Amber was pretty sure some of IDOL's fans had theorized that JieMi had a body exchange on stage. There was an analysis post trending on twitter critiquing her actions when she had been in JieMi's body. This meant that countless girls could be, right now, at this very moment, sending messages to AirSound Entertainment trying to convince them that they were the one.

With such a huge fan base, Amber was sure that IDOL had millions of thirsty fans interested in getting into their pants.

Step 4: Getting your soulmate to fall in love with you is the fastest way.

"I don't know," Amber sighed. This mess just made her head hurt, and the wound in her solar plexus throb. It just seemed so hard. "I can't bunk with you forever in Korea. I want to be an artist and I will, soulmate or not."