92:Storm

She cursed under her breath, looking around frantically as she searched for her soulmate. The rain pelted upon her skin like shards of ice, tearing at her flesh. But it was nothing compared to the ache in her chest. That pain felt as if her heart had been torn out of her chest and ripped into little pieces. She hated it, hated feeling like this.

She blinked, rubbing her eyes as the flood of rain spewed all over her face, blurring her vision. It took a couple of blinks to spot him. Her eyes darted towards the ghost of his silhouette dashing past a streetlamp and she followed. Her feet were tearing across the rough asphalt as fast as she could. But he was too far. Too fucking far and too fucking fast.

She never knew that she would hate him for being athletic but she did now. She was panting, her chest cramping up with the sudden burst of exercise.

The stitches bloomed at her sides, and her lungs were steadily losing precious oxygen, but she didn't care. She couldn't care less about the rain soaking her sweater, turning it into a block of weight that hung on her shoulders, heavy with moisture. Couldn't care less about her soaked feet, her toes squeaking on the wet rubber of her flooded shoes.

All she could think about was how stupid she was. So so so stupid. Amber cursed, her fists clenched so tightly that her palms hurt from the press of her fingernails. She didn't mean to make him cry. She didn't mean to make him sad. He shouldn't, he shouldn't be sad. Her soulmates should always stay happy and healthy.

Her tears welled up in her own eyes, and she could feel them forming at the back of her throat, a sour lump of emotions. But the rain concealed the tears and each drop that formed was mixed with the rain.

The best place to cry, after all, was in the rain.

She just didn't want to get hurt anymore. Didn't want to cry over her soulmates, but it seemed that in her moment of fear she had fucked up. She had hurt the one person she didn't want hurt in the entire world.

She didn't let him in, just like she hadn't let Ezra in. Only this time, she was losing him. Losing the person who was hers and would love her just as much as she would love him if she gave him the chance.

No.

She tripped, losing a shoe. Her feet tearing across the rough granite that was ripping at her skin and flesh. But Amber didn't care and her soaked feet tore across the road despite the burst of pain running up her leg.

She didn't care even when her bare feet met the scratch of sharp material on the road, the pieces of fragmented rock and glass piercing into her flesh. Amber didn't care. She didn't fucking care if her legs got hurt.

It wouldn't hurt as much as the pain Hikaru must be feeling, the pain that had caused him to run like this. The pain that stung deep within her like a reopened wound from her condition.

It hurt.

It hurt like hell.

Fuck.

Amber cursed as she bolted and turned the corner only to see Hikaru stumble under the light of the streetlamp and fall to his knees. His shoulders were huge, wide and broad with his strength and masculinity. But now, they shook and hunched into a ball and she had never seen him look so small and so alone before in her entire life.

Stupid, little shit.

She finally caught up to him. He turned, surprised, having not heard her due to the roar of the rain that surrounded them and the crash of thunder above their heads.

He turned, his eyes wide as he stared at her blinking through the rain. He was still beautiful like this. His skin soaked in water, hair plastered to his face and his lashes dripping with crystal beads of rain. His eyes were red with his tears, puffy and swollen. His beautiful lips had been nibbled raw, blood was dripping from the wounds.