56: arrangement

"It's gone. Anyway, give me your number." He chirped and before she knew it his hands were reaching into her pocket, fishing her phone out easily. His intentions were now very obvious and she watched him in stunned shock as he blatantly used her phone.

She didn't have a password, so he swiped quickly and keyed in his number before she could even blink. He finally tossed her phone back into her hands and Amber blinked in confusion at his name saved on her phone.

Your Sieon

What kind of couple phone-name was this?

What was this guy trying to foreshadow?

"What?" She managed to stop the swear word from escaping her lips. Her mouth went into autopilot to use the one word that she used the most when it came to the Korean language. "You lied about the cockroach didn't you?" She gave him a small glare.

He chuckled, sticking out his tongue, an evil grin on his lips.

"Why? Were you scared?" He said, drawing her closer to his body. His fingers were wrapped around her midsection, and each brush of his skin against hers elicited a burn of fire that spiralled down to her core.

"N-No!" Amber stammered. She was. She hated flying insects. When she was younger a cockroach flew right into her shirt. It scared the crap out of her so much so that she'd peed her pants.

"I figured we would be seeing each other more often." He shrugged a naughty grin on his lips. His eyes were flickering with emotions she didn't know him well enough to understand. "And I wanted to be able to text you."

That was surprisingly honest. She stared at him, wide-eyed. She came here to seduce the pants off her soulmates. Why was this so much easier than she expected?

Or maybe this was just how Sieon made friends, by confusing every person to think he was in love with them. Maybe after flirting and convincing girls that he liked them, he would then reveal that he just thought of them as nothing more than friends.

If that were true, Amber wouldn't be able to take another heartbreak. She swallowed thickly. She should proceed with caution when faced with a dangerous subject. She should stay guarded, protecting her heart from butterflies that would leave when they had their fill of nectar.

On that note, maybe Kim Sieon was after her nectar. Then, her job would be to keep him lusting for more.

"You confuse me but okay..." Amber stared up at him with huge eyes and a frown as she cocked her head to the side trying to read him again.

He simply smiled fondly. He was holding her like how an enamoured suitor would hold their shy lover, and it was very strange. What was he doing? She was confused and her heart was equally baffled. But her newfound resolve to protect herself and push this behaviour as his odd expression of friendship kept her heart from falling too hard.

"Go out with me," he replied, without a moment of hesitation as if he were talking about grilled cheese sandwich and eggs.

His cheeks were pressed against her shoulder and when she looked at him, her breath caught in her throat. His eyes were wide and he stared up at her, a soft hazel swirl of colours that covered the hints of a darker dilating pupil.

With that one sentence, he single-handedly ripped through her heart, piercing it with a gilded arrow. There went her protective barrier.

Amber's eyebrows vanished into her hairline. She swore her heart stopped for a whole minute as pink travelled up her skin. And her eyes...

They decorated him in a golden shimmery filter. A filter from a young maiden in love. It was one that engulfed him and highlighted his beauty, focusing on those warm tender chocolate eyes and the pink of his lips.