One

Looking at the mirror, I realize how beautiful I am. With my curly, shoulder-level purple hair, I look like a goddess.

As I walked through the halls with poise and confidence, students stared at and admired my beauty. Well, I'm no other than Chelsea Cassidy Love.

"Hey, here comes the brat!"

"Childish b*tch."

"She thinks she's so pretty."

My eyebrow raised, and my gaze went straight to those gossiping hobgoblins.

"Are you talking behind my back?" I declared, then rolled my eyes.

Don't these people have something better to do than obsessing over me?! Ughh, just a waste of time!

I froze across the room; I couldn't move, and I felt my heart beating rapidly. It's happening again! But how? I placed my hand on my chest. I hurriedly walk through my room since that's the only thing I can do for now.

I've been consulting a doctor on this matter but diagnosed that I'm completely fine, but that isn't the case. My heart throbs like crazy, and I feel nervous every time. The feeling is quite hard to explain.

The school bell rang as a sign for the classes to start. I like my school but not some goody-two-shoes.

Our class ended, and I couldn't understand a single thing. I was waiting for my ride, and irritation filled me throughout the minute.

A car stopped at quite a distance. "Mommy!" some child came running towards a middle-aged woman. I smiled bitterly as I remembered something; I don't recall anyone picking me up after school—let alone my parents. It seems like everyone's too busy to give me a little of their time and attention.

"Madam! Señyorita is here," I heard as I stepped out of the car. Ohh, grandma is here?

"Ohhh, my beautiful granddaughter!" grandma exclaimed when she saw me, and she gave me a heart-warming hug. Ohh, how I miss grandma's embrace.

"I know, grandma," I said with a chuckle.

"Come, I cooked dinner, my dear," And grandma guided me towards the dining area.

"I barely eat dinner, grandma. But I can make an exception," I said.

"My dear, about what you said to me last time." I looked at grandma as she said those words as we were in the middle of our supper.

"What about it?"

"I have thought about it, and I have decided that it's much better if you just transfer schools."

I thought for a moment. Well... I don't have trouble in my current school and it's not a loss if I'd move. It's already the end of the school year, it won't be that hard.

"Okay. But, how does my sickness have to do with me, changing schools?" It doesn't make sense.

"It's not a sickness, my dear," She said with a mysterious grin. I'll turn a blind eye to this one, ever since I told grandma about the weird changes in me, she always had that mysterious smiles and strange gazes.

Moments have passed, and here we are in my king-size bed, and grandma is lying beside me.

"Do you want me to sing for you?"

"Yes, please" I'm like a baby tucked in bed, listening when grandma started humming. How pleasant my grandma's voice is, even with old age. Maybe I got my singing from her, as well.

"I love you, my dear," that's the last words I heard before sleeping comfortably in bed.

Ohh, my gosh! I haven't slept like this since... like a decade. I feel so peaceful, and I haven't been for a long time.