Sixteen

"Quintin, get me some tweezers! and Hiro, get me some thread!" They looked at me crazily as well as confused but brought it to me anyway.  

"What will you do with this?" Hiro asked and handed the thread to me. I was already sitting in a stone.

I looked at the three pieces of stone in my hand. When I was inside that hole, this was still one piece... but when I was out, it broke into three equal hearts.

"Here, Chels." Quintin gave me the tweezers or other stuff I don't know, but I still know how to use them.

"What are you making, anyway?" Quintin asked, focused on what I was doing. Well, I'm making necklaces!  I may not look like it, but... I make my accessories.

They were watching me as I make these necklaces.

"Taddaa!" I happily announced when I finished it. I gave them one each, and they looked at me with a questioning look. I took one in Hiro's hand and—-

"Lower down, will you," I commanded. I heard Hiro 'tss' but still lowered down.

I arranged the necklace around his neck. It doesn't look girlish!

The three necklaces has same designs but it's like a unisex design.

I then took the necklace from Quintin, and I did the same. As for mine, I did it too.

"So, you like them?" I asked them, they both nodded. I decided to make it a necklace and give it to them because it feels like that's how it's supposed to be.

We parted ways when the skies started crying. I arrived at my dorm while holding the necklace that I made.

I am seated near the window, and I can see the mist it's making from the inside of our glass window.

I've written something in the window.

Weird...

The next day arrived, and I wanted to start researching about this gem.

"Hey, I'm going to the library for research." I let Melissa be informed.

"Like what?" She asks with her one brow raised.

"I'll tell you when I'm sure," I said to assure her that I'm not doing anything foolish or something.

I went to the library as soon as my combat class ended. Well, since Vanessa is still in class, I planned to research for now.

Ancestors of Magic.

Rarest happenings in history.

Herbs.

Mystic creatures.

Angels.

Mystic gems.

I took both Ancestors of Magic and Mystic Gems. I sat in the corner of the library, and there weren't many students here anyway.

I opened the book title Mystic Gems first.

I flipped the first page. Good thing I can understand the language in this book.

Mystic gems exist by the magic called Aira. The only magic strong enough to make powerful gems of various kinds.

I turned a few pages.

Types of Mystic gems

(Att)- a diamond shape gem. It gives moonlight magic to those who are lost. It helps with navigation in the mystic woods and any place that involves magic. Usually found at parts of the ancient rivers or swamps.

Found near the ancient rivers? and I'm sure that the river in Avitrin Woods is old. Everything here is unusual to believe. But it says diamond shape. I turned the page, knowing it was not the one.

(Pleo)- a circle-shaped gem. It strengthens the mind who possesses it and is very useful for investigation. Usually found at the strangest places.

Nope! I turned the next and the next, hoping to read—a heart-shaped gem. I stopped turning.

(Hea)- a heart-shaped gem. This gem is still in the study since it's so hard to find. But through the years, there's only one thing true about this gem. The Hea gem is the most potent gem ever made by the Aira. It's the rarest gem and the first to get one said that only be seen in dark and magical places. 

I am shocked to know about this gem! The most powerful?! The rarest?! Gosh! At least it isn't poisonous. Nothing to worry about--- no, nothing to worry about it.

I didn't know that I did great in all my afternoon classes because of the thoughts about this Hea gem.

Time flies fast; five days had passed now!

Vanessa and I clicked. She comes with us at lunch and dinner every now and then. Melissa also seems better now.

I also feel like I've been distracted lately. There's a lot of things bombarded like a tonic bomb to me!

And now guess what? Reyver's my last training partner. He and Hiro seem to be close, I always or more of—sometimes I see them eat lunch together.

"Ready?" I asked Reyver here in the training room. It's raining, so we ended up training indoors. All our classes ended for the day.

He nodded. I made the first punch as he grabbed my hand and pushed me to the other side of the ring. He kicked as I dodged and got his feet and twisted it that made him drop. He stood up as he aimed at my shoulder. I pushed his fist away, and he already kicked my feet that made me fall.

"Here." He offered his hand but instead, I glared at him.

Our battle lasted long as I expected it to be. It's 2-3. He's three, and I'm 2.

We took a 30 minute break.

"Why are you angry at me? Is it because of what I said about Melissa?" he asked as he sat beside me, watching how the rain falls to the leaves.

"What do you think?" I questioned back without looking at Reyver.

"I can feel anger in your every move, you know." I looked at him this time.

"Then, can you tell me what happened with you and Melissa?" I asked. My anger at him will remain until everything becomes clear.

"I like Melissa. But it's complicated—like really complicated. I like her, but I was too shy to tell her that before. I showed her that I liked her too and she knew that. But hell, we're young, and we have dreams. I thought my feelings for her would change over the years, but it didn't... it deepen instead. I thought saying horrible things to her would make her go away, but it didn't too." I looked at him. I understand his reason but still to hell with him!

I pushed him in the rain since we're here near the door. I heard him cuss.

"You're still an assh*le!" I said, smiling.

I went to get my stuff again when I felt someone pulled me outside in the rain!

"What's wrong with you!?" I shouted at Reyver, who pulled me, and I couldn't return inside because he covered it with his magic—which is earth. I threw the water from the rain to his face as he did the same.

And just like that, our training turned into splashing water at each other.

If you like someone, would it hurt if you tell them?

———————————————————-
Hea is pronounced, Heya and Aira as Eyra, Pleo as Pleyo, and Att just simply.