Thirty-Three

I laid myself in my bed, disappointed. I haven't saw anything related to that Meltune thing! All my hard work seemed worthless.

"Oh, Chels. Where have you been?" I looked at Melissa who ask. I pouted at her.

"I went to the library to search for this Meltune stuff—ohh, whatever!" I stated and covered my face with my blanket.

My eyes shut closed with the light when someone opened my blanket from my face.

"Did you say Meltune?!" I looked at Melissa weirdly.

"Uhmm, yeah." I replied.

"Are you sure?" I nodded at her question.

"Wait a minute," she said and went to her bookshelves looking for something. I'm totally confuse of what the hell is she doing?!

"Here," she handed me some book.

"What do I with this?!" I exclaimed.

"Oh, geez. What do you do with a book? Eat it?" I rolled my eyes at her sarcastic comment.

"You said you went searching about Meltune, right? This is the book." she said afterwards. Book?

I took the book in her hands it's Lost Magics. Oh! I remember her reading this book before!

"Haven't you read this book before?" I asked Melissa.

"Yeah, I don't know if I'm mistaken but... I think I read Meltune in this book before." My eyebrow raised. Interesting. Lost Magics? I opened it, I didn't read every page cause it will take a lot of time. I'll search for the title so I kept turning the page til—

"That's it!" Melissa exclaimed as the whole page of the book has a title Meltune. So, it's a lost magic?!

Meltune
In ancient times magic is something every people would be proud off, but it's being said that it became root of a dreadful nightmare. They tempered with magic because of greed of having more magic for themselves they made Meltune.

Meltune is one of the rarest lost magics in the world of magic because it's a black magic. A black magic so powerful that even the Himas are afraid to even give any information about it.

Until now nobody knows how it can be attained or to stop it. One things for sure— that Meltune can only be attained every 10 years. You'll never know what kind of magic it is and how much destruction it holds. Beware! Beware!

I felt ineffable chills when I came to the end of the information. It got me in 'Beware! beware!'

"See? So I wasn't mistaken this is Meltune!" Melissa exclaimed.

"You're not totally weird about the last part?" I asked. It's pretty weird and... creepy. A book says beware of that!

"Well, I've read that so many times. Wait—why are you interested in Meltune, anyway? You're not into books!" I rolled my eyes at her and gave her her book.

"I'm not!" I'm not interested in it. I'm curious why does an M.O High student came all the way here and ask about such thing? I just don't get it.

I rolled in my bed from left to right and right to left, thinking and waiting for Melissa to get out from the bathroom. Maybe a warm bath can help my mind think clearly.

"Ahmm, Melissa." I called her when she's finished wearing her pj's. She looked at me with her eyeglasses on. "When is the next 10 years?" I shyly asked, I'm talking about the Meltune.

"That next 10 years is this year." She seriously said. Ahmm, okay. I nodded at her and went to the bathroom.

After a nice and relaxing bath I went for a stroll in Avitrin Woods. I don't know why but... I can feel that somethings not right or somethings not nice is gonna happen this year.

I arrived in the river where me, Quintin and Hiro used to sit. I seated in a brunch, this place is still exceptional even if how many times I'd go here.

"Quintin, get down here!" I exclaimed knowing Quintin would be somewhere up.

Something landed from a tree not far from where I sit. And I was right, it's Quintin.

"Oh, you sure know me, huh?" He said and sat in the brunch next to me.

"Is there a time, when you didn't know me Chels?" He asked and chuckled. I looked at him.

"Yes."

"Huh?" Quintin answered confusedly.

"Yes, there is a time when I feel like I don't know you at all." He looked at me but he didn't say anything so I continued. "Come to think of it, I already forgotten about it but I want to know. Who are you, Locke Quintin Mist III?" As I asked that question I saw pain crossed his eyes and I know that. Who wouldn't get hurt when a friend of yours ask who are you, right? But I really want to know.

"Remember when I told you that the lost princess is my mother?" I nodded. "The day my mother went missing I ran away, that's when I met Hiro."

"Who's Locke Quintin Mist I? Is he your father?" I asked, he chuckled.

"What? No! He's my grandfather. That makes my father the II." I looked at him weirdly.

"Ohh, so your father is Kai?! and—-oh my gosh! that makes you the successor of your school?!" I exclaimed I saw his smile faded.

"I wish I wasn't." I tapped his shoulder.

"Everything's gonna be alright." I said. I guess not everyone wants their parents fortune.

When the night became darker and deeper Quintin and I said our goodbyes.

"Mom, stop coming into my dorm!" I stilled when I heard voices.

"Why wouldn't I go?! Every time I wanted to talk to you, you ignore me?! Hiro, I'm your mother!" I blinked a couple of times. Hiro? I slowly went where the yells and shouts are coming from. I'm not into eavesdropping but since I came into M.U High I became one.

"Mom! I'm just 15 I don't want to run a whole fvcking school?!" Ohh! it's Hiro! Hiro Woods! The Hiro that I know.

"Hiro, watch your language! Don't you dare curse in front of me!?" The voice seems so familiar that I think I heard it before.

"Mom, how many times did we argue just because of this?" Hiro's voice became more softer. "Mom, since dad died I tried my best for you and for Wren. I tried my best to stay strong because I'm your eldest son and next to dad. But I'm tired of all this." Hiro said and stormed off.

I'm speechless.

Completely speechless.

Hiro Woods's mother is... Dean Ultra. Who would have thought that Hiro experienced such hardships.

My mind is blank but I don't know why my feet just started walking where Hiro ran off to. I shouldn't get involve but my walk turn into a run. I stopped when I saw him. Hiro sitting in a tree, crying. There really are people who hides their pain. Just like me.

It weird having to see Hiro like this. It's heart-breaking just to see him shed tears. 

—————————————————————-