~The Missing Book~

Draco POV:

This morning was different than the rest. 

I got out of my bed to find my dorm completely buzzing with activity. Blaise was muttering pacing back and forth in a manner that made me sick watching. Crabbe was in the corner actually reading something. To make matters even more confusing Goyle seemed to be writing something down a letter almost. 

This made me stressed out for several reasons, the first being obvious everyone was acting so bloody weird and the second being I had no way to cast my concealment charms. 

Shit

The noise was driving me insane, from Blaises muttering and loud feet to the scratching of Goyles quill. I couldn't even hear myself think. That was when Blaise noticed me awake. 

"Draco! Finally, the Slytherin Prince awakes from his slumber," He gestured to me twitching in the bed announcing it to the world. Thanks a ton, Blaise. 

Without a second thought, I brushed my hair down onto my forehead, making sure to get a big chunk of it. Most of my hair was in my eyes but that's how I knew my forehead was well covered and it was a price to pay. 

"Have you heard Draco?!" Pansy shrieked as she burst into the dormitory. The Boy's Dormitory. Goyle squealed and lept behind one of the dark green curtains beside his bed. 

"What the bloody hell are you doing here Pansy?" I retaliated yelling back at her, she dismissed me with a wave of her hand. Blaise was watching the scene unfold in front of him and took a step back smirking in amusement. Crabbe was looking fearful from the corner. He was always afraid of Pansy and it was no wonder why

"Well, none of you were naked so why does it matter." she retorted, then gestured to all of our pajamas. 

"Now, can we all get back to the real reason I am here. I assume the rest of you know because Crabbe was reading and Goyle was writing but Draco here has just woken up."  The rest of the boys in the dorm nodded so Pansy gave a satisfied huff before turning back to me. 

"Are we all just ignoring the fact that she happened to know that I just woke up, seconds after I just woke up?!" All the boys looked sheepish and just ignored me except for Pansy, who always answered. 

"We are wizards darling or did you suddenly turn muggle. Wouldn't that be such a shame," she laughed, and Blaise looked constipated from containing his laugh. Or maybe he was, sometimes you just can't tell with him.  

"Just tell me already," I said through gritted teeth. 

"Alright, well prepare yourself, darling," she said and I nodded, a clear sign for her to continue. 

"Well, you see Umbridge has become High Inquisitor," she explained and I felt all of the blood draining from my face. The witch that hurt Harry was being promoted! 

"What? This can't be happening," I knew what was going on. This was the first step for the removal of Albus Dumbledore. Sure I don't like the guy, but he is the one person that keeps Hogwarts safe. The one person that can keep me safe. 

My father had been working to get Dumbledore removed for years. This way he can watch me make sure I stay in line. Straight as a line. 

How ironic. 

Pansy gave me a little pat on the shoulder and her reassuring smile. Then she turned to face the rest of the boys in the dormitory. "Yes well there is nothing to be done, it's not like we can do anything to stop it. Now everyone hurry up and put on your robes, it would look suspicious if you all turned up late this morning." Then she proceeded to saunter out of the room. Blaise hurried after her, seeing as he was already dressed.