~Friends~

Harry POV:

I sat by the sink the cold stone against my back and I was listening to every word Malfoy had to say. The way he told his stories made me feel like I was really there. I noticed the way the rings around his eyes tensed to form soft wrinkles whenever he mentioned his father.

It made my blood boil the way he treated Malfoy. Not that he specifically mentioned his father's so-called 'Punishments' but not much good could come from that. Not that I cared about Malfoy either. That I most certainly did not.

Malfoy stopped at the point where he found out I was his soulmate. He shuddered a bit as if reliving some bad memories. "So you found out, first-year and you didn't tell me! Why didn't you tell me?!" I expressed.

I noticed Malfoy visibly flinch and sigh. "There were two reasons." He said and then paused looking down at his hands almost ashamed.

"The first was my immediate reaction. Well... I was embarrassed. You rejected me in front of our whole year and it really hurt." Malfoy paused again and took a deep breath.

"Then when I started considering telling you... I really wanted to be your friend Potter I really did! Well, I had to ask my parents first.... my father first."

"I think the story of Christmas first-year will answer your question."

December 22, 1991 Malfoy Manor

Draco had just arrived home from Hogwarts and the house elves had prepared a special feast for the occasion by order of Mrs Malfoy.

The youngest Malfoy however had a burning question on his mind that he wanted to bring up with his parents in person. In Draco's suite Poppy was helping Draco get ready for dinner picking out an outfit.

Draco wore a fitted black suit with silver embroidery along the lining. He made his way down to dinner were his mother and father were waiting for him. As he walked into the dining room he acknowledged their presence.

"Mother, Father." Was all he said before he took a seat at the table beside his mother.

"Ah Draco! Tell us about school," His father commanded and Draco gulped. It was now or never.

"Father, when I was studying I came across something of interest." Draco said and his Lucius intrigued. Narcissa however looked worried.

"Why did you never tell me I had a soulmate? Why did you never tell me that it was the Boy Who Lived?" The room fell silent as a sense of dread washed over Draco. Had he made a mistake bringing it up?

"Draco." My father his tone rough and dangerous. This sent off warning signs in Draco's head and big red flags where practically waving in front of his face.

"You will never-I mean never-utter another word about that ever again. If I find out that you told anyone. Anyone. I will Crucio you until you can't feel your body." Lucius threatened and Narcissa gasped.

"Lucius surely- "

"Quiet Narcissa!"

"Draco if you utter a word of this to Potter I will personally tell the dark lord to hunt you down and kill you. I will not have a traitor son!" All of Lucius's yelling started to make tears form in Draco's eyes.

Draco did not want to mention that the Dark Lord was no longer a threat but thought against it. He was in enough trouble as it was.

"Draco you will do everything in your power to push Potter away. Humiliate him. Destroy him. I don't care. If I find you were being friendly to him... well you know the punishment."

"Lucius please isn't this too fa-"

"No Narcissa this is not going far enough!"

Draco didn't hear what else was said because he rushed out of the room so his father couldn't hear his strangled cries.

I-I always thought that Draco had been a git because he wanted to. Never once had I considered that this wasn't what he really wanted. Wait- since when had he become Draco?!

"I-I'm so sorry Malfoy I never knew." There was a snuffle from beside me.

"Don't be silly Potter of course you didn't. Us Malfoys are very good at concealing our feelings," He stated with no malice. He just said it normally.

"Harry."

"What an earth are you going on about Potter? I'm not hairy at all! Unlike you I shave!" Malfoy defended himself.

"My name. Call me Harry." I said again.

"Oh." Malfoy said looking at his hands some color rising in his cheeks.

"Alright then Harry... call me Draco." Then he stuck out his hand to me, doing a really cute smile. Did I just- did I just call Malfoy cute?! I must be under Imperious.

All the same I returned and the smile and took his hand making up for all the time lost.

"Friends?" I asked hopefully.

"Friends." Draco agreed. Draco... my friend.